webfact

U-Tapao International Airport ready for commercial flights

84 posts in this topic

Remember Don Muang?

All of a sudden it should be Don Mueang.

Maybe it was Utapao an now it should be

U-ta-Pao.

Maybe there are no fixed rules in transliteration of Thai into English, or maybe the Thai language is not "fixed" enough to be transliterated.

"It is expected to accommodate more than 62,000 flights a year"

That is 170 flights/day on average. Typo, or should we be really scared?

2 people like this

U Ta Phao or U-Tapao?

Very confusing when trying to find specific things about Thailand on the internet. Thais really need to take grammar more seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Languages are confusing, it's easy to mix up 'grammar' with 'spelling', for example. Don't take it seriously. tongue.png
5555 darn!!!

( *crawling back into my cave* )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what airlines fly from there?

Currently, Air Asia (domestic and international) Bangkok Airways (domestic) + Chinese and Russian charters

The new terminal seems to be progressing well as is the double lane extension to Hwy 331

They just need to work out the short and long term secure car parking to the new terminal and all will be good

1 person likes this

Living next door in Ban Chang, this is a great improvement over Suvarnabhumi, let alone Don Muang!

I've been using it for flights to Singapore and Malaysia and since 3 months and it still is a bit clumsy, but works for me and saves so much time.

When you are on a trip, do you leave a vehicle at U-Tapao? What is the cost of parking? Thanks.

Living next door in Ban Chang, this is a great improvement over Suvarnabhumi, let alone Don Muang!

I've been using it for flights to Singapore and Malaysia and since 3 months and it still is a bit clumsy, but works for me and saves so much time.

When you are on a trip, do you leave a vehicle at U-Tapao? What is the cost of parking? Thanks.

My wife drops me off and picks me up, another advantage as she would now come to Suvarnabhumi.

The parking seems to be a bit limited at the moment, I would advise a taxi or other drop off.

Parking space at Suvarnabhumi is also getting tight, it took me half an hour last Wednesday to find a spot on the top deck.

1 person likes this

Are spittoons and drying areas for Chinese underwear provided?

1 person likes this

Are spittoons and drying areas for Chinese underwear provided?

No spit buckets needed mate, they use the floor.
1 person likes this

Well if it is ready to join the ranks of Thai International airports, does that mean they now have long lines of not so well behaved Chinese tourists or were they there already?

Careful you posters with blaming the Chinese for everything.

Experience with some 112 homes community were I live points more at Koreans.

The Government plans to develop this as the third commercial international airport.Someone can't count as there are more than three currently operating.

U-Tapao International Airport ready for commercial flights

The airport is scheduled to provide full commercial services at the end of this year after its systems are tested.

Thainess

wai2.gif

1 person likes this