webfact

U-Tapao International Airport ready for commercial flights

84 posts in this topic

According to their web site the official name is"U-Tapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport"

If you search "Skyscanner" for tickets you can just type "Pattaya".

Link: http://www.utapao.com/

U tha Pao or something like that is just the English transliteration from Thai. So don't complaint Thais for this.

if they want 3 million passengers a year, they better make up their mind. I don't care what they choose but when I type it into Google map or my car GPS I would like to have a correct answer.

Shangai is also not written Changai or Shankay.

If you need GPS or google maps to find something as large as an airport then you have serious navigation issues. Hint signs with drawings of planes you see worldwide are generally spot on.

I think its official name now is Rayong International. I think Pattaya Airport would have been the most obvious and straightforward name to present to the world.

It's 2016 (not 2558). It's high time for Thailand to come up with one official English spelling for major things like airports, cities, streets, etc. I've lost count with how many ways I've seen Phratamnack spelled.

It's 2016 (not 2558). It's high time for Thailand to come up with one official English spelling for major things like airports, cities, streets, etc. I've lost count with how many ways I've seen Phratamnack spelled.

most of the incorrect speelings will be on TV

Living next door in Ban Chang, this is a great improvement over Suvarnabhumi, let alone Don Muang!

I've been using it for flights to Singapore and Malaysia and since 3 months and it still is a bit clumsy, but works for me and saves so much time.

I loved the flight to Phuket, and the return from Samui. Easy starting from Pattaya.

"It is expected to accommodate more than 62,000 flights a year"

That is 170 flights/day on average. Typo, or should we be really scared?

The numbers were made up by TAT, that should explain it.whistling.gif

Well if it is ready to join the ranks of Thai International airports, does that mean they now have long lines of not so well behaved Chinese tourists or were they there already?

Careful you posters with blaming the Chinese for everything.

Experience with some 112 homes community were I live points more at Koreans.

Well I have worked in both countries myself and found China more of an aggravation.

it is the lament I hear from every US tourist - why can't these people speak English?

And why indeed. If their country hasn't been raped and pillaged by the English they will at least know and be friends with one that has.

U Ta Phao or U-Tapao?

Very confusing when trying to find specific things about Thailand on the internet. Thais really need to take grammar more seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe you need to learn Thai...just a thought...

U Ta Phao or U-Tapao?

Very confusing when trying to find specific things about Thailand on the internet. Thais really need to take grammar more seriously.

Or maybe you need to learn Thai...just a thought...
I'm planning to, but did your thought include all the lucky tourists and the international companies and services that has the pleasure of relying on addresses, names and words in Thailand being spelled correctly?

Having bought some land near a Rayong beach area sounds like good news. Haven't found the trip to/from Bangkok airports that much of a joy.

Any chance it will have non-stops to Clarke?

Now that would be sensible thumbsup.gif

And where is this wonderful place called Clarke anyway?

And can it also be spelled Clark? Or even Clerk??laugh.png

Any problems transferring from a flight from the USA into Singapore to one of those Air Asia flights to UTP ?

can I clear customs in UTP ?