Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

U-Tapao International Airport ready for commercial flights

There's also an article in the Bangkok Post dated June 22 that talks about the opening more. The title of the article is "New U-Tapao terminal opens next month"

Yeah, Prayut and his entourage were there yesterday checking on progress.

I'm loving these new international airport terminals. It's so easy to get around SE Asia now.

Once the new terminal at U-Tapao opens, I wonder what new flights there will be. I haven't seen any announcements.

I will not jubilate before Khon Kaen - U-Tapao flights are offered (again)

It was a one time experience (Kan Air).

Edited by KhunBENQ

Any chance it will have non-stops to Clarke?

Now that would be sensible thumbsup.gif

And where is this wonderful place called Clarke anyway?

And can it also be spelled Clark? Or even Clerk??laugh.png

Obviously you came here for the temples clean beaches chineese thai girls. Everyone knows that airport!:D;)

Obviously it should be re-named Pattaya International. None of those arriving tourists are going to Rayong or Sattahip.

Not even in the same province

Obviously it should be re-named Pattaya International. None of those arriving tourists are going to Rayong or Sattahip.

Not even in the same province

And who cares that the country's biggest airport is in Samut Prakan province smile.png

On 3/23/2016 at 1:29 PM, OJAS said:

And where is this wonderful place called Clarke anyway?

And can it also be spelled Clark? Or even Clerk??laugh.png

On 5/21/2016 at 1:31 AM, slipperylobster said:

Clark.

anyways...it's Gloria Macapagal Arroyo....or GMA .

And thanks to a Facebook pal who flew to there from Singapore today I now know that it is located in the Philippines!:smile:

Posted (edited)

I was at U-Tapao from 5/10/1972 to 3/5/1973 in the U.S. Air Force, with B-52s and KC-135 air refueling tankers, and F-4 fighters, C-130s and all related planes.

I saw Bob Hope's Christmas Show there in December, 1972. Anne Margaret was THE HOTTIE. Excellent show from an EXCELLENT AMERICAN HERO.

Funny thing to me was, about every 2-3 weeks there was a C-5A stuck in the mud before the runway which comes directly off the beach at The Gulf of Siam. Took 4 days to free a C-5A from the mud.

I now live in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I will go through U-Tapao some day. Six months at U-Tapao is what brought me to live and retire in BEAUTIFUL Thailand.

U-Tapao was in 1972 and is now U-Tapao Royal Thai Naval Airfield, owned and operated by The Royal Thai Navy.

This is the pronunciation of U-Tapao, as the locals say it, Ew ta pow  OR  Oo Ta Pow, I hope this is a helpful Thai pronunciation tidbit for my farang friends. I LOVE THAILAND. 

Edited by themerg
  • Like 2