BANGKOK 20 November 2018 20:24
rijit

THE England thread

Looked back and couldn't find one, so what better time to start an England thread, after coming back from 2 -0 down away from home, to beat the

world champions Germany in their own back yard 3 -2, biggrin.png big up to Roy Hodgson who seems to be doing an excellent, job cant argue with the

qualifying results. This was no fluke, it was a strong German team ,but have to say IMO Hodgsons England were the better team. Next up another test

Holland at wembley on Tuesday wai2.gif

• Like 1

Yep we are looking good, please Roy don't bring Rooney back into the squad when fit.

And Barkley for Henderson, and Lalana needs shifting out to light weight.

Alli is a top player as is Kane would love them both at United.

• Like 1

Yep we are looking good, please Roy don't bring Rooney back into the squad when fit.

Glad you mentioned the Totenham contribution wai2.gif didnt want to be the one to bring it up , but lets not forget dier, he was knocking on my man of the match door, thought he was excellent, even pops up with the odd goal biggrin.png if the team has a weakness imo tonight it was the center bacs looked shaky and thats kind but that might improve when Jones comes back,And rose at left bac although defensively he's come on leaps and bounds, he still gets in to some poor positions and on another night against a better wide man he could v easily be exposed, lets hope Shaw gets match fit soon, no doubts he's England 1st choice lb . Cant agree about rooney, no matter what, he's a class act, nearest weve had to a world stage player in the last 10 years,atm hes the leader and talisman, though his position may well come under threat in the not to distant future .

Good points mate. What this told me was that Kane should start over Rooney and Alli has to be selected if its a choice between him and Barkley. regardless, i can't see why or where Rooney fits in anymore. With Shaw back at left back when fit and Dier more experienced this is a promising young side.

All said, i bet Roy brings Rooney straight back into the team when fit.

I don't normally watch England friendlies but with four Spurs players starting i had to and thankfully no injuries.

Always said that Hodgson would do a good job given time

In all positions we have very good young players now and a lot of pace ...Hart is fighting for his place now with Forster and Butland.

Hopefully Shaw comes back as he left off would like to see Stones fill out and partner Smalling at CB and right back is between Clynne and Walker with even Trippier in with shout.

Midfield looks very strong Ali ...Dier...Barkley...OX...Walcott...and plenty of strong running water carriers like Drinkwater Delph Mason Shelvey Henderson?

Strikers...Kane...Vardy..Wellbeck..Sterling...Sturridge...Rooney?

With loads of yongsters coming through who given the chance at club level could very well push on as some of the Spurs lads have done....

Good to see and credit should go to Hodgson as a lot of the old timers have finished and he has started to get a very good young squad together now.

• Like 1

Kane and vardy if able to play together, would terrify any defence. Sit Rooney and Ali behind them, and solidify the defence, and we have a good team.

• Like 2

In all positions we have very good young players now and a lot of pace ...Hart is fighting for his place now with Forster and Butland.

Hopefully Shaw comes back as he left off would like to see Stones fill out and partner Smalling at CB and right back is between Clynne and Walker with even Trippier in with shout.

Midfield looks very strong Ali ...Dier...Barkley...OX...Walcott...and plenty of strong running water carriers like Drinkwater Delph Mason Shelvey Henderson?

With loads of yongsters coming through who given the chance at club level could very well push on as some of the Spurs lads have done....

Good to see and credit should go to Hodgson as a lot of the old timers have finished and he has started to get a very good young squad together now.

facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

• Like 1

Good to see England no longer playing negative guys like Rooney (hopefully out forever) and Gerrard. The current squad of players are always looking to move the ball forward in the same style as Leicester and Spurs do.

This season does seem to be the beginning of the end for dull European style keepball in the English top flight and a return to more positive and exciting English style footy, built on defending as a team and always looking to play with attacking intent.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

Edited by JaseTheBass
  • Like 2

facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Behave Mr Bias

The Vardy story just goes on, great taken goal with almost his first touch, Germans looked ragged at the end. Kane looked far more effective up front than we have has in recent years, caused them real problems

• Like 1

Beaten England Quarter Finalist Rooney said, "Yes of course it was the right decision to play me in every game of the Euros....I haven't scored in ten months that's true but look at my record...."

His pupped master nodded sagely....and nodded and nodded.

Beaten England Quarter Finalist Rooney said, "Yes of course it was the right decision to play me in every game of the Euros....I haven't scored in ten months that's true but look at my record...."

His pupped master nodded sagely....and nodded and nodded.

Just out of interest do Scotland have an International football team these days or is it still just tennis and cycling? whistling.gif

Just watched the highlights. Keeper could have done better with the first German goal. Bad marking with the second. Nice first England goal. Cheeky great second goal then a powerful header.