Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

Soldiers arrest Koh Phangan jet ski operator

Why did it take the soldiers to deal with this? Sad that the police couldn't handle it....

What difference does it make who helped whom to make the arrest? There were a number of jet skis involved perhaps there was a need for a few personnel to impound them?

The soldiers are now 6,000 better off, they will let off with, don't do it again ok? kind of warning,

and for the all tea in China, you will find back doing the same thing in a few days from now what

with the busy holiday coming up.....

"The soldiers are now 6,000 better off..."

What does that mean, are you reading the same OP as everyone else?

• Like 1

I have been told that the soldiers were refusing gifts of cold bottles of water from restaurants yesterday.

As I said earlier and discussed in the old thread last time the soldiers came in and took a couple of jetskis off each operator, that kept the beach free for 6 months. This time the word from on high (in the army) was take everything and make sure they never return.

I will report if I see any out on the beach again.

Well make sure that you report to the correct place; that would be the authorities, not Thaivisa, of course.

They are a bloody noisy nuisance wherever they are. Suggest they toe them away and have a bonfire!

Not unlike those bloody motor bikes like that in your avatar to which the same thing should happen.

Edited by Scouse Twoccer

Why did it take the soldiers to deal with this? Sad that the police couldn't handle it....

Because the owner is an Island Mafia and they are Island Police. Just like the situation in Koh TAo and some other Islands. Better the ARMY.

• Like 2

Because like all the other times the Army is involved it's one of the operation that either a man of the bib owns or is getting a bribe from.The All Night clubs pay in excess of 100,000 baht to stay open then the Army says raid the place just to show the bib who the bosses rely are.

Edited by sanukjim
  • Like 1

Shame for the poor jetski owner especially if he had already paid the police for his protection been paying off the wrong people then again it would be nice to be able to swim in a beach in Thailand without worrying if one of your kids will have his head smashed I'm with a jetski

• Like 2

"A long running operation" I don't understand. Just go down to the beach, arrest the

operator. Tow all the jet-skis back to the police impound yard. Arrest the owner

when he turns up to complain his jet-skis have been stolen. A 30 minute operation

and a little waiting time. Operation done. coffee1.gif

Because like all the other times the Army is involved it's one of the operation that either a man of the bib owns or is getting a bribe from.The All Night clubs pay in excess of 100,000 baht to stay open then the Army says raid the place just to show the bib who the bosses rely are.

Brown envelope, Wrong pocket.

• Like 2

While I agree with the removal of the Jet-Ski's operations from this beach there remains a lot missing.

The Jet-Ski operations else where (Pattaya, Samui, Phuket) that have been so problematic for tourists could do with very similar treatment. I wonder why the Military have not been tasked with targeting these...

Additionally, it seems rather convenient to blame the decline of the local 'shrimp & Prawn' on the Jet-ski operations. I can't see 6 jet-ski's have such a dramatic effect, I would suspect over farming / fishing to be a far more likely culprit.

yep over fishing and raw drains and sewage flowing out to sea doesn't help either
  • Like 1

"A long running operation" I don't understand. Just go down to the beach, arrest the

operator. Tow all the jet-skis back to the police impound yard. Arrest the owner

when he turns up to complain his jet-skis have been stolen. A 30 minute operation

They did that last time, well something similar. It lasted about 6 months before the charges were dropped (not by the army) and the jetskis were back.

So this time the army have been waiting until the are sure they have enough evidence to close the operations down for good.

I know that it is easy to sit back and say that so and so is bad so just lock him up but you need the proof to keep holding them. This is just like why they can't go straight after the big "influential people" since they don't do the acts themselves, you have to start at the bottom and follow the money and orders back up.

• Like 1

They did that last time, well something similar. It lasted about 6 months before the charges were dropped (not by the army) and the jetskis were back.

So this time the army have been waiting until the are sure they have enough evidence to close the operations down for good.

I know that it is easy to sit back and say that so and so is bad so just lock him up but you need the proof to keep holding them. This is just like why they can't go straight after the big "influential people" since they don't do the acts themselves, you have to start at the bottom and follow the money and orders back up.

The police know exactly who controls and runs this operation. They've got all the proof they need. Sadly, corruption comes into play. And nothing gets done.

It will be interesting to see how things play out here in Pattaya now that the mayor is gone, and soon, many who were under him. All being replaced by the military.

• Like 2