Esterhazy

Home internet: True or AIS?

60 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Spaniel said:

How about price?      Many replies but no one has mentioned price.     I have True and pay B640 per  month.

For AIS, if you were to get a plan together with the AIS playbox (Their TV set-top box) then the plans are as follows:

50mbps @ Baht 888/month. 

100mbps @ Baht 1,100/month.

If you were to only get the internet package without their set-top box, then the plans are as follows:

30mbps @ Baht 590/month.

75mbps @ Baht 890/month. 

If you are a current AIS subscriber, then you get a 10% discount on the above price, and if you are a AIS serenade customer, you get a further Baht 100 discount off then 10% discount. I find what AIS provide a very good deal if you are currently a AIS customer.  

21 minutes ago, patyh said:

For AIS, if you were to get a plan together with the AIS playbox (Their TV set-top box) then the plans are as follows:

50mbps @ Baht 888/month. 

100mbps @ Baht 1,100/month.

If you were to only get the internet package without their set-top box, then the plans are as follows:

30mbps @ Baht 590/month.

75mbps @ Baht 890/month. 

If you are a current AIS subscriber, then you get a 10% discount on the above price, and if you are a AIS serenade customer, you get a further Baht 100 discount off then 10% discount. I find what AIS provide a very good deal if you are currently a AIS customer.  

Also if you "migrate" from True, they will give you a 50% discount for the first 6 months.

Just now, brewsterbudgen said:

Also if you "migrate" from True, they will give you a 50% discount for the first 6 months.

Which makes it the best deal you can get presently.. Just hope they don't be like true or 3bb, overselling their plans until everyone slows down.. 

1 person likes this

thank you guys, really enjoying my AIS playbox package.

Looks like i have to tup up THB299 for HBO and footy. Overall still a good deal

I just received CSloxinfo. So can't tell yet about service.
But 35/15 for 590baht (first 4 months 100 baht)
So seems for me till now OK

True DOCSIS been solid for 6 years down here in leafy Sukhumvit 23.

50 Mbps gives me 6.1 MBps on torrents and crisp, buffer-free streaming on Netflix........at the same time

Part of a package Truevisions/Truemove-H/Fixed line and Trueonline for 2999.

I'm probably getting a duff deal considering just how crap Truevisions is but can't be bothered to go through all the aggro of changing to someone like AIS and I don't want to lose the DOCSIS.

On 4/15/2017 at 1:42 PM, Thai Ron said:

True DOCSIS been solid for 6 years down here in leafy Sukhumvit 23.

50 Mbps gives me 6.1 MBps on torrents and crisp, buffer-free streaming on Netflix........at the same time

Part of a package Truevisions/Truemove-H/Fixed line and Trueonline for 2999.

I'm probably getting a duff deal considering just how crap Truevisions is but can't be bothered to go through all the aggro of changing to someone like AIS and I don't want to lose the DOCSIS.

Are you staying in a Condo or a landed property? 

AIS provides their internet services through fibre optic cable which are much better than DOCSIS. 

AIS currently have their AIS playbox which is essentially an Android Box but will support their newly bought HBO channels soon.. It's also much cheaper... So, I highly recommend you give AIS a try since their internet services has been working great for me so far in my apartment. 

On 4/21/2017 at 8:14 PM, threefurryfaces said:

Is it possible to get True cable TV service on AIS fibre?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Nope. 2 Different provider.. 

You could however get the AIS playbox which does offer subscription to stuff like HBO. 

Anyone know the total cost of AIS PlayBox platinum package (HBO) + 100MBPS fiber?  Cheers