sly4all

Varee - International school

On 2017-5-2 at 7:38 AM, XGM said:

There also needs to be a proper process for recruiting teachers, including checking their references at previous schools. I wonder to what extent is that done.

Totally agree and again this isn't Varee specific but applicable to all schools and indeed all types of recruitment

• Like 1

I think Varee International is not right for children whose parents want to be involved or who care to know how their child is doing or, worse yet, who want to help their child in the learning process. It is a school police not to show parents everyday type of test results. They refuse to show you even when requested. many other unusual policies from the British way of thinking.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2018 at 7:57 PM, ebean001 said:

I think Varee International is not right for children whose parents want to be involved or who care to know how their child is doing or, worse yet, who want to help their child in the learning process. It is a school police not to show parents everyday type of test results. They refuse to show you even when requested. many other unusual policies from the British way of thinking.

Where do you get the idea that it is the British way of thinking ?  it is a school owned by Thai's, run by Thai's therefore it is solely the Thai way of thinking so what has Britain got to do with it ? another person on here who doesn't have a clue what they are talking about !!!

13 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Where do you get the idea that it is the British way of thinking ?  it is a school owned by Thai's, run by Thai's therefore it is solely the Thai way of thinking so what has Britain got to do with it ? another person on here who doesn't have a clue what they are talking about !!!

I think he knows very well what he is talking about.

Why pay International school fee prices if it full of Thai's and "Thai thinking". You will always get some "Thai thinking" in the International schools here but the less the better in my opinion.

Having a solid parent body of expats that get involved will keep them in their place to some extent. Problem is the admin and Secretary's are usually Thai.

They do have some very strange ways of doing things and hate to be told because of the old "face" thing.

3 hours ago, Rimkok said:

I think he knows very well what he is talking about.

Why pay International school fee prices if it full of Thai's and "Thai thinking". You will always get some "Thai thinking" in the International schools here but the less the better in my opinion.

Having a solid parent body of expats that get involved will keep them in their place to some extent. Problem is the admin and Secretary's are usually Thai.

They do have some very strange ways of doing things and hate to be told because of the old "face" thing.

If he knows what he is talking about perhaps you can kindly tell me what he means by "the British way of thinking" ?

Not sure why your directing  the rest of your post at me as all i did was comment on the above of which you didn't mention !

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

If he knows what he is talking about perhaps you can kindly tell me what he means by "the British way of thinking" ?

Not sure why your directing  the rest of your post at me as all i did was comment on the above of which you didn't mention !

Perhaps you would be better asking him.

13 hours ago, Rimkok said:

Perhaps you would be better asking him.

Well you seemed to be want to talk for him in your previous post !

• Like 1

The website is strange but I wouldn't read much into it, some of the links lead to blank pages and others seem to be compromised. Why else would they have a link to an online pharmacy (titled "azithromycin 250 mg for mrsa" below "Get involved" in http://international.varee.ac.th/?page_id=2203

And, actually you can see their staff under the various Key Stages. For example, just scroll down in http://international.varee.ac.th/?page_id=55

Edited by XGM

Yes I have been researching Concord International School in Chiang Mai recently. It's based off an American Curriculum where the Education is equally important as the students safety and we'll being. Manners and etiquette are encouraged. Which I believe is essential in the development of the Students anywhere in the world. Look it up online. It seems to be Genuine and not just trying to make a buck of the people like Varee International School in CM

Varee isn't a true international school in teaching respects only in students IE where they are from. 

Better than a govt school here in TH for sure but I would prefer my kids to go to a British free school if given the choice in terms of what is better.

This isn't just Varee though you can't compare English or other countries schools to TH, different level IMHO Vs most western and leading Asian countries

Edited by stament

7 minutes ago, stament said:

Varee isn't a true international school in teaching respects only in students IE where they are from. 

Don't understand this part of your post.  The Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education is (or was, last time I looked) the most widely used and recognised international curriculum in the world.  So two of VCIS's programmes (Thai and EP) follow the Thai National Curriculum and as you'd expect the International Programme uses IGCSE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Don't understand this part of your post.  The Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education is (or was, last time I looked) the most widely used and recognised international curriculum in the world.  So two of VCIS's programmes (Thai and EP) follow the Thai National Curriculum and as you'd expect the International Programme uses IGCSE.

Quite right and I should have been more clear, I wasn't just referring to the curriculum taught but the overall standards etc.

I think before the new international school was open the marketed themselves as an international school too, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.