Seapok

Chelsea Fc Thread

13,015 posts in this topic

I haven't noticed any Chelsea threads here so I thought I would start my own, all Chelsea boys and girls please post anything you want, would be good to hear other genuine true blue supporters opinions and stories.

Lets forget all the one sided slagging off we are getting from the media and other jealous supporters and just stick together.

Come on the BLUES!!!!!!!!!

2 people like this

Terry retains place in FIFPro award team

Tuesday, Nov 07, 2006

For the second year running, John Terry has been voted into a World XI by players across the globe.

It is the second season that FIFPro, the worldwide players’ union, has organised a set of awards with over 43,000 professionals invited to cast votes.

Terry is the one English player to make the team of the year that features four players from World Cup winners Italy.

He is joined in defence by Fabio Cannavaro and Gianluca Zambrotta, plus Lilian Thuram. Gianluigi Buffon is the goalkeeper.

A fashionable three-man attack has been chosen, containing Samuel Eto’o, Thierry Henry and Ronaldinho who has won the individual FIFPro World Player of the Year award for a second time.

The midfield consists of Milan pair Andrea Pirlo and Kaka, plus retired Zinedine Zidane.

Terry joins Zidane, Ronaldinho and Eto’o as the four players to have made the team both years.

Good luck with the thread !

:o

Cheers, are you a fellow Chelsea fan or are you being sarcastic?

he is most definately being sarcastic! :o

nice to see there is a thread for the champions at last, good work

he is most definately being sarcastic! :o

nice to see there is a thread for the champions at last, good work

I agree good effort that man.

Couple of big games before xmas coming up. CFC v Man Utd 26 Nov and v Arsenal 10 Dec.

We have got to get 6 points from these 2 games.

I just want to add we have got to start killing games off as true champions and not sit back on a 1-0 and hope we get the points in the bag. M/Boro & Spurs are classic examples.

1 person likes this

Good luck with the thread !

Neither , I'm the Football forum moderator and was merely wishing you Good Luck.

It's about time there was a Chelsea thread.

Is that ok with you ?

:D

1 person likes this

One of the richest clubs in the world, Chelsea F.C. was founded on March 14, 1905 at The Rising Sun pub (now The Butcher's Hook). After a short time, the club was elected into the Second Division at the Football League AGM on May 29, 1905. Chelsea's first game took place away at Stockport County on September 2, 1905. They lost the game 1-0. Their first home game was against Liverpool in a friendly. They won 4-0.

Ok all you blues brothers out there who our your favourite 3 players of the last decade.

I will start with mine.

1. Terry

2. Zola

3. Lampard

Neither , I'm the Football forum moderator and was merely wishing you Good Luck.

It's about time there was a Chelsea thread.

Is that ok with you ?

Ok sorry about that Chonabot, thanks for the welcome!

According to both management teams, Wednesday night’s game was all about being strong.

From Chelsea assistant manager, Steve Clarke, there was no apology for fielding a strong side, and from dejected Villa boss Martin O’Neill there was the compliment of being labelled ‘the strongest team in European football’.

‘We said before the last round that if we wanted to get knocked out at Blackburn, we’d have sent the second team, but we didn’t do that and we sent our strongest team,’ said Clarke as he surveyed Chelsea’s progress in the Carling Cup.

‘We played a strong team again tonight, with one or two changes. But when we make changes, the players who come in respond very well. The boys who’ve come in tonight contributed to a top performance.’

It was one of the changes to the team, Gérémi, who supplied the ammunition for our third goal, scored by Michael Essien. The Ghanaian midfielder has played every minute of every game this season and looked as strong at the end of the Villa game as at the start.

‘Last year was Essien’s first year in English football, you saw what he did last season, we knew he could improve on that,’ explained Clarke.

‘He told us he could improve on it and so far this season he’s been outstanding for us. He’s very strong and his finishing’s getting a lot better because normally they end up in the top tier of the stand!’

Essien was one Chelsea player who the Villa manager singled out for special praise.

‘Chelsea are the strongest team in European football and they have also got a lot of class players. Essien is very strong and very good,” O’Neill admitted.

When asked if there was a past team that he felt Chelsea could be compared with, O’Neill replied:

‘Italy won the World Cup in 1982 but Brazil were by miles the best side in the world at the time. The Brazilian players were so, so good, but they were strong too. There’s nothing wrong with it. These Chelsea players are very strong and they’re very good.

‘I knew they would be very strong tonight,’ he continued. ‘Half-time we were still in the game but Chelsea were excellent, really excellent second-half. We were unable to cope with them. They were much better than us and we were well beaten.’

No arguments from Steve Clarke to that summary.

‘We passed the ball ever so well right from the start, almost controlled the whole game, scored good goals, created a lot of chances. It was a top performance.

‘When you have the players we have, when they get the chance to play they have to make it difficult for the manager to pick the next team and I think the players that came in tonight did that. That’s what having a good squad is all about.’

Ok all you blues brothers out there who our your favourite 3 players of the last decade.

I will start with mine.

1. Terry

2. Zola

3. Lampard

Thats a hard one, I've got so many favourites, ok I will try to name 5

1. Zola

2. Terry

3. Vialli

4. Wise

5. Lampard

1. Zola

2. Desailly

3. Terry

Shedend & Tingnongnoi,

Where abouts are you boys? have you both been Chelsea boys for many years? I went to the Barcelona v Chelsea game last week, what an experience, it took me about 4 days to get over it!! haha

1. Zola

2. Desailly

3. Terry

Shedend & Tingnongnoi,

Where abouts are you boys? have you both been Chelsea boys for many years? I went to the Barcelona v Chelsea game last week, what an experience, it took me about 4 days to get over it!! haha

Seapok I have always been a CFC fan. Before I came to the LOS I was a club member and went to all the home games. Big game fixtures watched live are great and the atmosphere is far better than watching in the boozer or at home.

1. Zola

2. Desailly

3. Terry

Shedend & Tingnongnoi,

im in Bangkok now, have supported since was 11 and 39 now. Had a season ticket for a good few years and got to go to a few European aways also. Moved over here about 5 years ago just before Abramovich took over so never got to see the title lifted in the ground :o . Agree that it's not the same watching on t.v. Going to the games is only thing I really miss about U.K