Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

More than 100,000 illegal foreigners rounded up since October 2015

Should use Article 44 to make those T-shirts compulsory attire for illegal immigrants. That would make them much easier to catch.biggrin.png

I seriously doubt those figures

It would suggest a high degree of efficiency from the thai authorities

Even if it only cost 1000 baht to process each individual, 100,000 would mean the government spent 100 million baht on this

I too doubt those figures, however immigration and police are known to confiscate everything they can turn into cash from mobile phones and of course the cash.

Many of those foreigners are getting court in provinces near borders so they can be send direct back to the border. What I do not understand is why they don't get prosecuted and send to court.

If a foreigner is illegal in Thailand the law states that they must be presented to a judge in court who will put a fine on them or jail them.

Something surely is missing in this story.

Another 'get the foreigners - they're to blame for everything' campaign coming to a theatre near you...

W

Did you not read the part that said they were here illegally? That means they were breaking the law. Foreigner or not, there are consequences for breaking the law, and in this case, it is deportation. Thailand is sovereign country, not some free-for-all where all can come and do as they please.

By your logic, when the police make a drug bust, it is part of some evil conspiracy to demonize drug dealers.

Every 'crackdown' on foreigners follows the same path. If you accidentally tread on a snake, it will bite you, so naturally you conclude the snake acts aggressively under certain conditions.

Many people learn how to draw conclusions from what they observe, and sometimes the conclusions are not obvious. Understanding the nature of the snake helps.

Perhaps you missed that class...

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu
  • Like 1

its good that they report it because I didnt notice any reduction of crime or unemployment, altho I noticed businesses closing because of lack of customers. complete waste of public money

Another 'get the foreigners - they're to blame for everything' campaign coming to a theatre near you...

W

Did you not read the part that said they were here illegally? That means they were breaking the law. Foreigner or not, there are consequences for breaking the law, and in this case, it is deportation. Thailand is sovereign country, not some free-for-all where all can come and do as they please.

By your logic, when the police make a drug bust, it is part of some evil conspiracy to demonize drug dealers.

Every 'crackdown' on foreigners follows the same path. If you accidentally tread on a snake, it will bite you, so naturally you conclude the snake acts aggressively under certain conditions.

Smart people draw conclusions from what they observe, and sometimes the conclusions are not obvious.

Perhaps you missed that class...

Winnie

You were right about one thing, it is foreigners that get blamed for illegal immigration.clap2.gif

what I worry about abit is in the city I live in, in the last 3 years the Muslims are growing in numbers fast, does this mean they are moving out of the south, or are they coming from other countries? if coming from other countries are they legal.? why this is a worry is while they down south, the army and police can control them if needed, but if they spread out Thailand will be in trouble soon.

• Like 1

Even if it only cost 1000 baht to process each individual, 100,000 would mean the government spent 100 million baht on this

I have a nice calculator I can sell you if you want. It would be 10 million not 100 million

Your calculator is defective!

I have a nice calculator I can sell you if you want. It would be 10 million not 100 million

You better buy a new calculator. It is 100 million. 100,000 and add 3 zero = 100,000,000.

• Like 1

That's a nice start, but I wonder what the total would be for over stayers and those working illegally as DN's?

About bloody time. The Thais should have been doing this years ago. been far too accommodating the Thais.

Move 'em on, cut them out,

keep them doggies movin' ............