Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
MJCM

When traveling with wife can't use Thai passport Immigration line anymore ?

Came back from Siem Reap today and the (Foreign passport) line at Immigration was about 30-40 long in each line. My wife (Thai) went to the Thai passport line and asked if I could come over there. They refused and said only Thais can use this line.

Is this a new policy ? And since when ?

Ps: The waiting at immigration took longer then the flight from Siem Reap to Bangkok :(

Edit: And another thing, when waiting in the line (I guess) a trainee from Immigration was checking all TM.6 if people had filled in the correct address where they are staying. With some people even had to show hotel bookings etc.

Edited by MJCM

I guess if OP hadn't asked, it would have been ok

• Like 2

I guess if OP hadn't asked, it would have been ok

I didn't ask, my wife did while I was waiting in the other line.

It all depends.

I usually fly with a wheelchair and often get wheeled through the Thai immigration or the express line at the airport.

It depends on the number of the people in the various queues at the airport.

If you look carefully when you enter the exit or immigration areas at the airport, there is a sign there in Thai and English that requests priority for certain classes of people.....including those in wheelchairs and senior citizens over 70 years of age.

After 6 October 2016 I will qualify for both of those.

I bet you have never noticed that sign.

I am not even 50 ;) so I don't qualify I have seen the priority lane, but that requires a card from the airline (flying business class) and we only came from SR with Air Asia.

Last time-but thats some time ago now, i was ushered to the Thai line as therewas noone waiting there from the farang line.

But then again DMK-immi often seems to have a peculiar own interpretation of new rules ordered by above.

The International protocol is that families should not be split up at airports - seems like this little requirement hasn't yet filtered through to the numbnuts at this airport...................

• Like 2

The International protocol is that families should not be split up at airports - seems like this little requirement hasn't yet filtered through to the numbnuts at this airport...................

I am not sure you are correct about that - at least not in that the non citizen can join the citizen in the "citizen only" line - they might require the citizen to stand the "non-citizen" line with their spouse though.

I can't imagine an American citizen entering the US with a non US citizen spouse (nor green card holder) on the "citizen/green card holder only" line. Same goes for European countries. The idea is that a citizen only need to be checked for actual citizenship (by proof of passport) and will only be flagged if there is a warrant for his/her arrest in the system whereas a non citizen/resident must be checked for his nationality (passport) and eligibility to enter the country (visa / visa exempt etc'). In some countries - Thailand included - when there are long lines at the foreigners' line and the Thai lines are empty, they will send foreigners to the Thais only line.

• Like 2

And you were troubled why ? As it states, Thai passports only, and foreign other line, not brain science

<snip> In some countries - Thailand included - when there are long lines at the foreigners' line and the Thai lines are empty, they will send foreigners to the Thais only line.

Not in this case they didn't, the Foreign Passport line had each 30-40 people waiting and the Thai Line was virtually deserted.

And you were troubled why ? As it states, Thai passports only, and foreign other line, not brain science

Did you read the OP ?? I wasn't troubled, just wondering what happened as before you could go through there but they stopped it.

Just a simple question and nothing to be troubled about

wai.gif

• Like 2

So my son has to go one line alone and me the other ? This is thailand

I think in case of you accompanying a minor they will make an exception, I certainly hope they do.