Tech Doctor

New Site Feedback

1,475 posts in this topic

Please keep all site feedback and issues in this forum so we can address them. Please provide as much information as possible and screenshots where necessary.

And please keep the feedback constructive, after 36 hours the TD is tired.

Regards

TD

As all the indexes are rebuilding it will take time for all your content to be re-linked.

Fatal error messages. I am sure you know this already though.

1 person likes this

Yes running the extra indexing scripts is causing outages, we will pause them until late at night for now.

1 person likes this

I agree with Eclipse. It just doesn't work very well, and when I tried to post something on a different forum it didn't work, despite taking waaaaaaay longer to process before telling me there was a fatal error.

What is this obsession with "upgrading" when the "upgrade" is usually just confusing and doesn't work any better ( and in this case worse ) than before. Lonely Planet forum did an "upgrade" and their Thailand site lost loads of users from which it never recovered.

Not writing any more as this may not post and don't want to waste even more time.

1 person likes this

Keep up the good work, Tech Doc.

Try not to drink too much coffee :) 

I know what's it's like to work all weekend, no sleep, and then Monday, Tuesday, Wed.....  :facepalm:

1 person likes this

Ah, I see it did work as it was supposed to. Will wait now to see if it continues to do so before posting again

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Tech Doctor said:

Believe me I don't want to do them too often,,,,,

If I "like" your post, what happens to your "likes" count?  :D

Will it go back to zero? :lol:

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree with Eclipse. It just doesn't work very well, and when I tried to post something on a different forum it didn't work, despite taking waaaaaaay longer to process before telling me there was a fatal error.

What is this obsession with "upgrading" when the "upgrade" is usually just confusing and doesn't work any better ( and in this case worse ) than before. Lonely Planet forum did an "upgrade" and their Thailand site lost loads of users from which it never recovered.

Not writing any more as this may not post and don't want to waste even more time.

As he said keep the comments constructive or don't bother. Refraining from posting if you have nothing to add is actually ideal at this point.

2 people like this