BANGKOK 18 October 2018 20:57
Tech Doctor

New Site Feedback

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Are you using computer (with Chrome) at about 125% enlargemen

Yes, the text on Thaivisa is so difficult to read now so I have to use zoom .

But the screen shot I took was with 110% zoom .  It doesn't change going back to 100%. 

16 minutes ago, balo said:

Yes, the text on Thaivisa is so difficult to read now so I have to use zoom .

But the screen shot I took was with 110% zoom .  It doesn't change going back to 100%. 

Mine is OK at 100% using 1920x1080 res.  And appears Edge is OK after being bad last time I tried it.  But with Chrome anything above 100% makes a mess.  And agree to read it needs to be higher.  

19 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Mine is OK at 100% using 1920x1080 res

I'm on 1366x768 and WIndows 8 .

I am happy with my old laptop from 2013 , already replaced the harddrive  I also connect it to a big screen TV , still resolution is the same. 

On 10/11/2018 at 7:26 PM, CharlieH said:

Those same notifications are visible in black on white txt via the "bell" at top right of the screen.

I don't think the pop-up box that appears when someone replies to a topic is a "notification". (Or is it ?) 
In any event, I clicked on the "bell", went to Notifications/Options and there is nothing there that I can see that has to do with changing the font colours of the notifications (or the pop-up boxes).

Not sure if I'm missing something.

(Note at the bottom of the image below.)

593025307_TVimage.jpg.5ffb1836da54d7d2c703b00ccebc939d.jpg

Not sure if this has already been mentioned (not read the whole thread) but when I'm browsing  an active topic and a new post is made, the pop-up box appears at the bottom of the screen as before the change.

However, clicking on that box to read the new post doesn't work. I have to reload the page to see it.

30 minutes ago, SimonD said:

Not sure if this has already been mentioned (not read the whole thread) but when I'm browsing  an active topic and a new post is made, the pop-up box appears at the bottom of the screen as before the change.

However, clicking on that box to read the new post doesn't work. I have to reload the page to see it.

One would expect it to be a link but sadly it is just an interruption covering what you were reading.  Best to turn it off by clicking on notifications bell/selecting top right option for notification settings/select do not send notifications.  You will still have red number on bell to show you there are notifications and then can use that drop-down to click on actual links.  Unfortunately for many of us that notification bell is not displayed correctly - but that is another issue.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

One would expect it to be a link but sadly it is just an interruption covering what you were reading.  Best to turn it off by clicking on notifications bell/selecting top right option for notification settings/select do not send notifications.  You will still have red number on bell to show you there are notifications and then can use that drop-down to click on actual links.  Unfortunately for many of us that notification bell is not displayed correctly - but that is another issue.

In fact it is a link but a very poorly placed one!  I experienced what you and @SimonD experienced but moving the mouse around within the box caused the mouse pointer to change indicating a link, but not exactly on the text as it used to be.

It's still functional, but IMO very sloppy.

For clarity...i'm using Windows / Chrome - I have not visited TV on a mobile device recently.

EDIT - apologies for the double post

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1