Jump to content
BANGKOK 18 October 2018 20:57
Tech Doctor

New Site Feedback

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Are you using computer (with Chrome) at about 125% enlargemen

Yes, the text on Thaivisa is so difficult to read now so I have to use zoom .

 

But the screen shot I took was with 110% zoom .  It doesn't change going back to 100%. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, balo said:

Yes, the text on Thaivisa is so difficult to read now so I have to use zoom .

 

But the screen shot I took was with 110% zoom .  It doesn't change going back to 100%. 

 

 

 

Mine is OK at 100% using 1920x1080 res.  And appears Edge is OK after being bad last time I tried it.  But with Chrome anything above 100% makes a mess.  And agree to read it needs to be higher.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Mine is OK at 100% using 1920x1080 res

I'm on 1366x768 and WIndows 8 .

 

 I am happy with my old laptop from 2013 , already replaced the harddrive  I also connect it to a big screen TV , still resolution is the same. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 7:26 PM, CharlieH said:

Those same notifications are visible in black on white txt via the "bell" at top right of the screen.


I don't think the pop-up box that appears when someone replies to a topic is a "notification". (Or is it ?) 
In any event, I clicked on the "bell", went to Notifications/Options and there is nothing there that I can see that has to do with changing the font colours of the notifications (or the pop-up boxes).

Not sure if I'm missing something.

(Note at the bottom of the image below.)

 

593025307_TVimage.jpg.5ffb1836da54d7d2c703b00ccebc939d.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has already been mentioned (not read the whole thread) but when I'm browsing  an active topic and a new post is made, the pop-up box appears at the bottom of the screen as before the change.

 

However, clicking on that box to read the new post doesn't work. I have to reload the page to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SimonD said:

Not sure if this has already been mentioned (not read the whole thread) but when I'm browsing  an active topic and a new post is made, the pop-up box appears at the bottom of the screen as before the change.

 

However, clicking on that box to read the new post doesn't work. I have to reload the page to see it.

One would expect it to be a link but sadly it is just an interruption covering what you were reading.  Best to turn it off by clicking on notifications bell/selecting top right option for notification settings/select do not send notifications.  You will still have red number on bell to show you there are notifications and then can use that drop-down to click on actual links.  Unfortunately for many of us that notification bell is not displayed correctly - but that is another issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

One would expect it to be a link but sadly it is just an interruption covering what you were reading.  Best to turn it off by clicking on notifications bell/selecting top right option for notification settings/select do not send notifications.  You will still have red number on bell to show you there are notifications and then can use that drop-down to click on actual links.  Unfortunately for many of us that notification bell is not displayed correctly - but that is another issue.

In fact it is a link but a very poorly placed one!  I experienced what you and @SimonD experienced but moving the mouse around within the box caused the mouse pointer to change indicating a link, but not exactly on the text as it used to be.

 

It's still functional, but IMO very sloppy.

 

For clarity...i'm using Windows / Chrome - I have not visited TV on a mobile device recently.

 

EDIT - apologies for the double post

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×