Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Thailand Elite

Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

I can already hear the Mod approaching with his virtual broom, getting rid of all the rubbish and bickering that´s been posted today..... ;-)))

Just now, DUS said:

I can already hear the Mod approaching with his virtual broom, getting rid of all the rubbish and bickering that´s been posted today..... ;-)))

This thread has been past it's shelf life for quite some time. All information about the program is out there and there is not much more to say. I will pop in now and again if they send me something worth posting in the monthly newsletter. As far as debating the merits of the program I am done. Buy it if you want it if not don't I could not care less what people do these days. 

It still amuses me that people that aren't interested in it or do not want to purchase one come here so often. I guess if it gives them something to do than that is the total sum of the worth of this thread at this point. 

Over and out. 

• Like 1

As far as I know the 30 days is granted for Airport crossing but 14 for Land.
That opens Vietnam as another possible option for home base coz the visa is a little cheaper again, and flying in has benefits. Or you could just circulate.
Of course this type of activity is what the Thais are trying to regulate around by the 14 day rule or trying to get higher flying expats to commit to a long term stay with upfront elite card fees.

Couple of points:
- SETV (60 day) for Thailand are free at the moment (believe it's been extended to August)
- it's 30 days at a land border for G8 nations but by the same token you're only allowed 2 per calendar year. No restrictions at Airports (yet) but more & more people seemed to be being questioned more closely after 5 or so long trips on VEs

An off topic post removed.

Please stay on topic.

There are other threads on alternatives to Thailand.

3 hours ago, JB300 said:

Couple of points:
- SETV (60 day) for Thailand are free at the moment (believe it's been extended to August)
- it's 30 days at a land border for G8 nations but by the same token you're only allowed 2 per calendar year. No restrictions at Airports (yet) but more & more people seemed to be being questioned more closely after 5 or so long trips on VEs

Since January 1st it's 30 days, for all nationals of counties that qualify for visa exempt entry, at land borders and airports. The G8 rule no longer applies.

• Like 1

Anyone know how long it takes to get the TE Card? (from start to finish) ?

It was 10 days for me. Bu they say they need about 2 weeks. Best you contact Thailand Elite directly. They work very quick from my experience but certain things like Immigration/background check will take a few days.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Some questions about this program,

It seems this is like a tourist visa but longer so can I buy cars, candos with it?

Can I work with it, or add a work permit to it later if I get a job?

I am in a yellow book, will that change anything? I also have the pink Thai ID card, will that do anything?

Thanks

Edited by ChaangNoi

8 minutes ago, ChaangNoi said:

Some questions about this program,

It seems this is like a tourist visa but longer so can I buy cars, candos with it?

Can I work with it, or add a work permit to it later if I get a job?

I am in a yellow book, will that change anything? I also have the pink Thai ID card, will that do anything?

Thanks

You don't need any visa to buy cars or condos. You could buy them with a visa exempt entry.

You cannot get a work permit with it. You need a non-b visa to have one issued.

Having a yellow house book and ID card would make no difference for getting the membership.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Having a yellow house book and ID card would make no difference for getting the membership.

But will I lose them? To get them I had to show them my current visa.

thx

4 minutes ago, ChaangNoi said:

But will I lose them? To get them I had to show them my current visa.

No

Once issued they are not tied to you having any type of visa entry.

• Like 1

Does anybody know which website if the official one? I see www.thailandelite.com and www.thai-elite.com being two completely different pages but with the same offerings. 

Maybe they run two sites but sounds a bit odd. Given the longstanding discussions about the pros and cons of the Thai Elite card I would hate to fall for an online scam after doing my due diligence on the program.

Does anybody know which website if the official one? I see www.thailandelite.com and www.thai-elite.com being two completely different pages but with the same offerings. 

Maybe they run two sites but sounds a bit odd. Given the longstanding discussions about the pros and cons of the Thai Elite card I would hate to fall for an online scam after doing my due diligence on the program.

www.thailandelite.com is their official website. Not sure who the other one operates.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Like 1

Is it possible to study (university or private school) under the TE visa? or would one need an Ed Visa for that?