Thailand Forum
Motown239

Western style condominiums rentals in Chiang Rai

Motown239    42

Chiang Rai is looking better everyday. I consider moving from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai. During many visits to Chiang Rai, I've never seen any new condo construction, in the city proper.

Do they exist in Chiang Rai? Where are they located for monthly rental between 15,000 and 30,000฿. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

sceadugenga    1,839

There's been a lot of building but I suspect they are designed for local Thais and the rent would be considerably lower than what you have suggested.

As in most cases like this I suggest that you come up for a few days and shop around.

Hopefully you may get something here to work off but you could also google using search terms like Chiang Rai condos, real estate etc.

• Like 2

villagefarang    11,832

There seem to be many condo projects right now but could you clarify what you mean by 'city proper'?

AlexRich    2,139

There is a pretty decent condo building that was recently built opposite the Central Mall ... a short walk over the bridge and you are there. I recall also a modern development on the left side of the road on the way from central Chiang Rai to the airport. I prefer the one at the Mall ... you are next to all the amenities and you're a five minute drive from the centre of town.

villagefarang    11,832
10 hours ago, Motown239 said:

In the vicinity of Central Festival.

Central Plaza?, as AlexRich mentioned there is a condo opposite Central Plaza which might interest you.

sceadugenga    1,839

My information is that they are in the lower price range, still worth checking out though.

There were some finished a couple of years back that looked ok, they were just around the corner from the shopping mall that had the old Tops supermarket.

Coming north on the Super Highway turn left at lights at the median strip old city wall and continue on.

pomchop    1,444

I'm curious if anyone knows the typical rental prices quoted for the new condo next to big C?

Will27    5,552

I've seen a few advertised for around 9000 Baht.

They're very small though.

I'm not sure about all of them, but the couple I saw advertised were around 35SQM's.

kanook    146
1 hour ago, pomchop said:

I'm curious if anyone knows the typical rental prices quoted for the new condo next to big C?

Asking prices are from 7,500 - 11,000 with the high end price being rental units brokered by management on behalf of the owner.  For D condo I wouldn't pay more than 8,000 baht, unless someone had 2 units renovated into one.

Motown239    42

You moved due to your wife's job relocation. I'm moving to Chiang Rai because Chiang Mai is becoming to busy. I'm not a fan of waiting 5 + minutes a major intersections. I'm lived in Chiang Mai 4 years and the population / traffic has doubled.

Sure, Chiang Rai has traffic issues, morning and evening traffic, however, it's a nice and peaceful place.

Apparently, condo rental prices are very reasonable. The lack of adequate parking spaces is a common inconvenience. It's time for new condo projects to allocate parking space for each condo.

I'm grateful for the information. Enjoy your new surroundings. I'm looking forward moving to Chiang Rai. Hopefully the immigration office in Chiang Rai process retirement and 90 day reporting.

It's will be another adventure in Northern Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect