Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
rooster59

May ready for tough talks over Brexit

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Rather than the disadadvantaged ner do wells with life sized chips on their shoulder spluttering into their Changs

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

If you think that I am one of them then you have no idea about me at all, nor do I drink Chang.

I drink Chang. I do look down on Leo drinkers though.

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Nice try but you didn't answer the question I asked.

They have a job to do that they get paid for, just as I did but I never claimed to be an expert. It doesn't make them an expert either.

A quote from your post that I am responding to.

"Rather than the disadadvantaged ner do wells with life sized chips on their shoulder spluttering into their Changs about too many immigrants."

If you think that I am one of them then you have no idea about me at all, nor do I drink Chang.

I am quite happy for immigrants to go to the UK Provided that they can support themselves at no cost to the state, in just the same way that I do here in Thailand. It is the ones that don't pay their way and are a net drain on the UK society that I wouldn't want in the UK.

If you want "To put it simply (and bluntly)....." then please do so.

I retract as  I am being vituperative and tarring many with the same stereotypical brush. That said there is a sizeable proportion of the Brexit constituency that are frankly unpleasant bedfellows. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I retract as  I am being vituperative and tarring many with the same stereotypical brush. That said there is a sizeable proportion of the Brexit constituency that are frankly unpleasant bedfellows. 

There may well be but I personally don't know of any. I live in Nakhon Nowhere and my nearest fulltime farang neighbours are about 20km away and they are Australians.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

I drink Chang. I do look down on Leo drinkers though.

I drink both, and I'll even stoop to Singha when pickings are slim. I look down on lao kao drinkers :smile:.

28 minutes ago, Scott said:

I look down on everyone, until I've had way, way too much to drink and then I find myself looking up at everyone (from the floor).  

As interesting as all this is, it might be best to stick a little closer to the topic.  

Point taken boss.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

There may well be but I personally don't know of any. I live in Nakhon Nowhere and my nearest fulltime farang neighbours are about 20km away and they are Australians.

Crikey, Thailand is bigger than I thought!

appears that UK is quite skilled in exchanging sunglasses,

the linked article lacks some info though

hiw high up on the European sunglass-exchange scale is UK?

the upper half, the upper 5% ? or where?

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:37 AM, Grouse said:

Crikey, Thailand is bigger than I thought!

Ask the Aussies if they would join the EU and they would laugh at you and say 'Crikey stupid Poms' Yes and they would be right.

Ask the Aussies if they would join the EU and they would laugh at you and say 'Crikey stupid Poms' Yes and they would be right.

What the Aussies are waiting for is for the Queen to pass away so they can become a republic. Most Australians I know here in Thailand are as bitter about the Monarchy as the Brits are about the EU.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

As you didn't get the last quip, how about this?

http://www.agriculture.gov.au/market-access-trade/fta

Machine intelligence is often concerned with learning from data sets.

What can you learn from Australia's FTAs?

That's correct! They're with their closest neighbours typically!

They are indeed laughing at us: for being so damned stupid!

Anyone interested in the gravitational theory of trade should look no further than here:-

GravityModel.pdf

Trade is often proportional to the economic mass of two counties and inversely proportional to the distance squared ( I accept that beta3 maybe a bit less than 2). I assume Michael J Fox or whatever he's called is aware of this and will concentrate on the nearest, largest economies? Germany, France and Italy would be an intelligent start! ?

Edited by Grouse
Laughter