phuketjock

90 day at Phuket immigration today

103 posts in this topic

Arrived about 0930 the french embassy volunteer, joke if you have not read my previous posts, was

my guide and instantly ditched my completed foreign national form with a not required and same

with my retirement ext, and departure card copies. Copy of Picture page of Passport, Passport and

last 90 day, which is of course in my passport all that is required he informed me, with the usual

qualifier..........THIS TIME.    Who knows????????????????  

2 people like this

39 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

Arrived about 0930 the french embassy volunteer, joke if you have not read my previous posts, was

my guide and instantly ditched my completed foreign national form with a not required and same

with my retirement ext, and departure card copies. Copy of Picture page of Passport, Passport and

last 90 day, which is of course in my passport all that is required he informed me, with the usual

qualifier..........THIS TIME.    Who knows????????????????  

Looks like they've gone back to the old ways.

- except we didn't need the passport copies then.  rolleyes.gif

Foreign information paper is not required anymore for most immigration activities.

Indeed only a copy of the passport information page is required these days for the 90 day reporting. (this is already in place for about 6 months)

ID: 6   Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, merijn said:

Foreign information paper is not required anymore for most immigration activities.

Indeed only a copy of the passport information page is required these days for the 90 day reporting. (this is already in place for about 6 months)

Nonsense the reason I had the copies I did is because they were required my last 90 day, strangely enough 90 days ago, so not anything like 6 months. And right or wrong my post is the first I have seen on the subject of not needing the foreign national form in recent times.

Please don't post your views as fact when they are clearly not!!!!

Edited by phuketjock
format corrections
1 person likes this

12 hours ago, phuketjock said:

Nonsense the reason I had the copies I did is because they were required my last 90 day, strangely enough 90 days ago, so not anything like 6 months. And right or wrong my post is the first I have seen on the subject of not needing the foreign national form in recent times.

Please don't post your views as fact when they are clearly not!!!!

Maybe it's different at Phuket immigration office, but when I redid my 90 day report at Patong, I took along, copies of just about everything (as one learns to do here) however they were not needed and all he took were my passport and a copy of the passport page and I was in and out within five minutes or so.

Actually, Merijn has helped me out before on similar, so I don't think he would purposely try to mislead anybody.

My last 90 dayer was near the end of October.

Phuket office took all the paperwork including a Foreigners Inquisition Form.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Seems like I was lucky at Patong then and mine was mid October. As we know these folk will chop and change things esp if they think they can earn a few baht!!

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Foreigners inquisition form.        :cheesy:        :clap2:

Love it OC

2 people like this

On 11/23/2016 at 9:05 AM, xylophone said:

Maybe it's different at Phuket immigration office, but when I redid my 90 day report at Patong, I took along, copies of just about everything (as one learns to do here) however they were not needed and all he took were my passport and a copy of the passport page and I was in and out within five minutes or so.

Actually, Merijn has helped me out before on similar, so I don't think he would purposely try to mislead anybody.

Like with so many things one day it is required the other day/officer not anymore.

I only can give the information which is past on from the officer.

It was reported before that for most activities the foreign information form was not required anymore in Phuket town office.

For how long and if in every case nobody knows.

If you are unlucky they can ask for everything. (best to keep everything with you just in case)

2 people like this

ID: 12   Posted (edited)

Just a few minutes ago I made my on-line  90 day report from the comfort of my home. Accepted, pending, and I expect confirmation in the next few hours. How easy can it get. I only wish my annual extension could be made on-line.  That's next month annual challenge, I need to crank up duplicate copies of everything possible. 

Edited by LivinginKata
2 people like this

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Just a few minutes ago I made my on-line  90 day report from the comfort of my home. Accepted, pending, and I expect confirmation in the next few hours. How easy can it get. I only wish my annual extension could be made on-line.  That's next month annual challenge, I need to crank up duplicate copies of everything possible. 

You are lucky you can do online 90 days many of us cannot.

I last entered the Kingdom in Jan 2011 and have not been able to do online reporting

or find out exactly WHY I cannot??, despite making numerous and lengthy enquiries

to the immigration authorities. 

ID: 14   Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, merijn said:

Like with so many things one day it is required the other day/officer not anymore.

I only can give the information which is past on from the officer.

It was reported before that for most activities the foreign information form was not required anymore in Phuket town office.

For how long and if in every case nobody knows.

If you are unlucky they can ask for everything. (best to keep everything with you just in case)

As I previously said please don't quote your views or secondhand info as fact when 

it clearly is not. Check that what you are claiming is true, not rumour or hearsay.

"It was reported" doesn't make it factual.

The experienced visitor to immigration does keep everything with them, including me,

but you are misleading people when you claim fact from rumour and secondhand 

reports. 

If you are not absolutely sure that the info you are posting is true please don't post it.

Edited by phuketjock