phuketjock

90 day at Phuket immigration today

100 posts in this topic

This may have already been covered but can you do change of address at Patong office?

2 hours ago, Valentine said:

This may have already been covered but can you do change of address at Patong office?

That's where the missus registered my address. Can't see why they couldn't do a change. You will still need all the stuff from the owner.

ID: 93   Posted (edited)

Slow today at the main office in town- took nearly 50 minutes with 12 ahead of me. Mainly down to the fact that the woman who processed my reports in the past wasn't there and one of the older blokes was on the desk.

If it hadn't been for him wandering off for 15 minutes, taking ten minutes to process one report and play on his phone I could have been in and out a lot  quicker. He was up to something- numerous calls saw him go out AGAIN for 5 minutes and have a conversation with a minibus driver.   

All that was needed (TODAY!) was the passport and previous 90 day report, nothing else.

As an aside there were some really crap drivers in town today- I had 2 close calls within about 400m- glad I have the Dashcam fitted now,

Edited by Psimbo

ID: 94   Posted (edited)

Did my 90 day report in Patong today. Arrived about 10.05, large crowd standing outside. Thought not yet open, but it seems those waiting had to stand outside and only called in for any follow-up. An officer would come out and accept completed forms with signed passport copies. I had all my paper work prepared, pushed to front, handed to him, he had a quick look and accepted. I left by 10.15, not bad at all. I felt bad for all those people standing at the back of the crowd who did not know what to do. 

Edited by LivinginKata

On 4/10/2017 at 4:26 PM, Psimbo said:

Slow today at the main office in town- took nearly 50 minutes with 12 ahead of me. Mainly down to the fact that the woman who processed my reports in the past wasn't there and one of the older blokes was on the desk.

If it hadn't been for him wandering off for 15 minutes, taking ten minutes to process one report and play on his phone I could have been in and out a lot  quicker. He was up to something- numerous calls saw him go out AGAIN for 5 minutes and have a conversation with a minibus driver.   

All that was needed (TODAY!) was the passport and previous 90 day report, nothing else.

As an aside there were some really crap drivers in town today- I had 2 close calls within about 400m- glad I have the Dashcam fitted now,

The lady works now at the first floor doing long term extensions.

So unfortunately you are stuck with the "old" officer.

2 people like this

On 6/19/2017 at 0:21 PM, LivinginKata said:

Did my 90 day report in Patong today. Arrived about 10.05, large crowd standing outside. Thought not yet open, but it seems those waiting had to stand outside and only called in for any follow-up. An officer would come out and accept completed forms with signed passport copies. I had all my paper work prepared, pushed to front, handed to him, he had a quick look and accepted. I left by 10.15, not bad at all. I felt bad for all those people standing at the back of the crowd who did not know what to do. 

Had the same experience on my last visit and although I thought I'd have to wait a long time because of the queue/crowd outside, it wasn't the case.......over and done with in minutes!

Like you I did feel sorry for those people who didn't seem to know what was going on and one couple walked up, looked at the queue and went! Perhaps some signs might help?

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Had the same experience on my last visit and although I thought I'd have to wait a long time because of the queue/crowd outside, it wasn't the case.......over and done with in minutes!

Like you I did feel sorry for those people who didn't seem to know what was going on and one couple walked up, looked at the queue and went! Perhaps some signs might help?

Yes some sort of signs would help, like papers in queue here on the left, waiting for processing wait here on the right. I felt guilty pushing to the front but turned out every one I pushed past was waiting for passport return. 

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Maybe the people that know could tell the people that do not know what to do?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Actually, many of us folks waiting did encourage those at the back to come forward. To be honest some of those newbies had no documents ready and expected to be hand fed. Oh well ...

Actually, many of us folks waiting did encourage those at the back to come forward. To be honest some of those newbies had no documents ready and expected to be hand fed. Oh well ...

Well that is the main problem with people attending immigration, you find out before going what is needed but of course that means having common sense and consideration something lacking now days.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app