Scott

SURVEY: Would you recommend a foreign student to attend University in Thailand?

SURVEY: Would you recommend a foreign student to attend University in Thailand?   164 members have voted

1. 1. Would you recommend a foreign student to attend University in Thailand?

• Yes, I would recommend Thailand for higher education.
    • No, I would not recommend Thailand for higher education.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

83 posts in this topic

Recently there was an article that states Thailand may become a higher-education hub.   Would you recommend a foreign student to attend University in Thailand?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

Here is a link to the thread:  

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, dcpo said:

As it stands this question is too vague.

Agree. There are too many conditions that might make the decision go one way or the other. 

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, dcpo said:

Also, most people posting on Thai Visa don't know anything about higher education, but I guess that's true for most subjects.

That is a bit of a sweeping statement.

Everybody knows about Thai higher education, it goes in line with higher hemlines.

2 people like this

Same for medical tourism, India has Thailand beat to hell. At the local medical facilities it is cheaper in the west. There are a few exceptions, Eye Surgery for one.

ID: 8   Posted (edited)

I wouldn't even recommend a Thai student go to university over here but that may be the only option for some so therefore the question is too vague. A degree obtained here would for the most part be worthless in a western country but could be good elsewhere.

Edited by notmyself

for any foreign student with means, thailand is not a first, second, or even alternate choice.

2 people like this

I disagree. if the person we are talking aout is living in Thailand it can be a good option for a first degree.  Not that the degree is great (though some are OK) but because almost all western universities accept a Batchelor Degree from here as entry qualification to Masters degrees.  That said it would be wise for a person to spend some time studying in the other country after finishing the degree dong say a grad Diploma to get used to the very different way universities work.

Thailand's education is a joke. they send most of their PhD students out of the country to schools abroad.

Like so many apparently simple questions the answer is complex and "depends".

It depends on which institution you choose to study in, the course you chose, the supervisor you study under and finally the examination  and assessment procedure.

Many higher education institutions in Thailand do not meet international standards but there are several that do. 

Many courses in Thailand are run in conjunction with highly respected international institutions and jointly assessed

I would have no hesitation in studying in these places.

1 hour ago, ksamuiguy said:

Same for medical tourism, India has Thailand beat to hell. At the local medical facilities it is cheaper in the west. There are a few exceptions, Eye Surgery for one.

Where in the west is medical cheaper than here? Are you talking about National health care plans heavily paid for by the taxpayer. Surely you aren't talking about the US which is probably at least five times more on average.