Scott

SURVEY: Would you recommend a foreign student to attend University in Thailand?

SURVEY: Would you recommend a foreign student to attend University in Thailand?   161 members have voted

1. 1. Would you recommend a foreign student to attend University in Thailand?

• Yes, I would recommend Thailand for higher education.
    • No, I would not recommend Thailand for higher education.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

83 posts in this topic

Off-topic posts removed.  

ID: 77   Posted (edited)

I met a young man whose name was "Nut" the other day.

He had studied 4 years of English at a private high school and has just commenced his 3rd year at the local university.He could say "hello..."Then he said "hello.." and to finish it off..said "hello.."

I said Splendid-keep up the good work."

I vote NO.

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity.

On 2/19/2017 at 9:27 AM, richard10365 said:

For lazy students I would say no. For self motivated proactive students I would definitely say yes.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

A facile aphorism that effectively uses a sole perceived motivation to explain the progress of students.

How easy it is to blame only the student ad hominem, especially where they offer their work for judgement in an environment without recourse.

1 person likes this

Actually, my opinion was based on personal experience. Since I was a student in Thailand I would say my opinion is valid.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 person likes this

ID: 81   Posted (edited)

I'm currently on my second year in a 4-year Engineering bachelor program with plans to take my Masters Degree back in Europe.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you could speak fluent Thai/English and you are integrated into Thai culture. In my case I speak 3 languages fluently (Home country, English then Thai), I have a Thai mother and a farlang father and I am an only child. I was given the choice of studying wherever I could get in, be it here, US, or anywhere. I chose Bangkok because I felt I wanted to have my more time with my mother (my parents separated when I was in Mattayom 4) and I wanted to live in Thailand a few more years. The next time I'll be living in Thailand after graduating will probably be many, many years after working and establishing myself in the homeland before investing further into Thailand. 

Edited by Jamestaylor
1 person likes this

I studied in both undergraduate and graduate levels in Bangkok and I can say that the problem is not that much the quality of teaching but the low standards of Thai students. In the international MBA program the professors and course content was good enough but the clueless Thai students just bring the whole process down.  

2 people like this