Thailand Forum
merlin2002

Uber patrons in Chiang Mai

khunphil    13

... and we can't pay cash ... and it is illegal no ? Can anybody confirmed as I would not like to put my credit card on it ... or debit card.

Anyway, I don't use it or need it ...for now ...but I heard that in Bangkok, Uber, Grab and other are working quite efficiently.

Ph.

seedy    1,692

Info has been received that Uber is no longer Illegal. but posting links to sites offering this service is covered by this Forum rule -

12) You will not spam in any way, shape or form, through mail, PM, forum post, or any other method. Thaivisa.com considers any method of actively, or passively promoting a commercial entity, that you have an interest in, including websites or personal blogs, and is not a sponsor, as spamming. (Including third parties acting on your behalf.) This is to ensure the integrity of reviews, and advice given to/by our members. Spamming is using the forums to advertise or promote a business for commercial gain.

Discussion of this service may Resume. But no contact info as per this Forum Rule -

18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.

Lizard2010    226

Uber was actually on a Original Thaivisa Youtube post

DELETED

Maybe it has to be posted on a major newspaper or from the Government

i am not sure how this can be verified anymore here

IMHO

Edited by seedy
Discuss Moderation
  • Like 1

jobin    574

Y anyone would use Uber rather than a tuk-tuk is beyond me.  Go local, that's my motto.  But if you live far from the city, can't speak Thai, have no personal wheels, perhaps Uber is of some value.  

Well, i'm a Luddite regardless.  Have no smartphone so I'm 'out of the loop'.

WinnieTheKhwai    6,802

DELETED. (by me)

I'll be debating the good things and challenges with Uber elsewhere.  

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 2

Lizard2010    226
26 minutes ago, Sandy Freckle said:

Yes..., certainly, many things are beyond some people. Fortunately these days..., different people are free to make different free choices. Personally I'm happy to have more transport choices..., just another horses for courses situation. Welcome to personal democracy.:wai:

I have used the normal Taxi Service over the last 6 months

the price has dropped

So maybe we can expect not so much higher prices

i agree i see so many Tuk Tuk drivers and their driving

plus the prices used for a Songtaew  are rediculous

For a small price be driven in a vehicle that has protection and most important Air-conditioning

• Like 1

Mekong Bob    85

off to a bad start.  signed up for uber, installed app on mobile phone.  provided phone number, credit card information.

ready to order a ride.  Uber wants to verify my phone, will send verification text (SMS) to my phone.  No code received after 3 tries.

Unable to proceed.  Is there a local phone to call?  Anyone else have similar experience?