Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
merlin2002

Uber patrons in Chiang Mai

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Bassosa said:

What added on charges are these?

As far as I can tell, Uber's method for calculating ride cost seems pretty transparent.

Actually uber has flat rates to "specific destinations" like airport or doi suthep.

Usually this is shown clearly in the trip estimator. 

But they used to have a 350 THB flat fee for CM - Hang dong. The problem there was that the estimator would show 70thb but when you arrived you got billed 350thb. Or even worse, my coworker got the fee adjusted the morning after from 70 to 350 on her credit card....

Another problem was that these flat fees were not listed anywhere on the website.

They have since removed this specific flat fee (cm - hang dong), probably because the estimator had issues.

Edited by hobz

On 9.3.2017 at 0:43 PM, hobz said:

Interesting read on Red Car Lobby in Chiang Mai 

http://www.chiangmailocator.com/114-chiang-mai-stories:public-transport-in-chiang-mai-and-the-red-cab-mafia

In the article it claims that previously the red cab "lobby" has prevented development of public transportation (new bus system) in Chiang Mai.

They also prevented the authorities to stop them form using those terrible dirty Diesel Engines  and start setting up with cleaner cars.

ALONE these says  a lot how strong they Lobby is.

12 hours ago, thetruth revealer said:

They also prevented the authorities to stop them form using those terrible dirty Diesel Engines  and start setting up with cleaner cars.

ALONE these says  a lot how strong they Lobby is.

I can only repeat what I mentioned in this Forum before. Virtually ALL transport in the kingdom other than Bangkok is owned/controlled by local "VIP" politicians and BIB's.

Do I need to say more ?