snoop1130

Samui murder: French restaurant owner admits concealing a corpse, other two suspects deny involvement

66 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Thanks for your detailed update.

I'm aware of the location of George Michel's restaurant – being occasionally a client, and only know George from his kind polite side – but the actual shooting took place at another french, but unnamed restaurant in Maenam; is that one on Soi 4..?
And the mentioned french restaurant at soi Koseng, don't think there are that many possibilities, so must be a fairly newly opened one, or..?

According to what my French 'contact' had told me, the shooting took place at that restaurant in Soi Koseng, the one so-called 'owned' by Mr. Cyrille, while it would in fact have been bought by Mr. Georges, and it would be located about the level (in Soi Koseng) of the back Mr. Georges' 'La bonne Franquette' restaurant (which front is in Soi 4), when so, I'd say it'd then be at or around the place where there briefly was, in my days out in Maenam town, a pub called 'the Spirit House', when that'd ring a bell.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, bangrak said:

According to what my French 'contact' had told me, the shooting took place at that restaurant in Soi Koseng, the one so-called 'owned' by Mr. Cyrille, while it would in fact have been bought by Mr. Georges, and it would be located about the level (in Soi Koseng) of the back Mr. Georges' 'La bonne Franquette' restaurant (which front is in Soi 4), when so, I'd say it'd then be at or around the place where there briefly was, in my days out in Maenam town, a pub called 'the Spirit House', when that'd ring a bell.

Thanks, and no, Spirit House do not instantly ring a bell for me, but I'm not a frequent pub guest. I asked, because some locals talked about soi 4 – which is the soi leading to the temple, the opposite side towards the beach, which side is where Georges' restaurant is, has no soi-number, and is normally referred to as "opposite soi 4", or "soi pier" from old time, the old Koh Phangan ferry still lands there, or "soi 7-eleven" when that was on the corner, today maybe referred to as "soi Walking Street"; just like you call the next soi for "soi Koseng" after the ice factory and restaurant. There is also some French business up soi 4.

11 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Thanks, and no, Spirit House do not instantly ring a bell for me, but I'm not a frequent pub guest. I asked, because some locals talked about soi 4 – which is the soi leading to the temple, the opposite side towards the beach, which side is where Georges' restaurant is, has no soi-number, and is normally referred to as "opposite soi 4", or "soi pier" from old time, the old Koh Phangan ferry still lands there, or "soi 7-eleven" when that was on the corner, today maybe referred to as "soi Walking Street"; just like you call the next soi for "soi Koseng" after the ice factory and restaurant. There is also some French business up soi 4.

OK, OK, sorry then, please correct my post, my mistake: Georges' 'La Bonne Franquette' restaurant's front is not on Maenam Soi 4, but on Soi 'opposite Soi 4' = 'Soi Pier'. Thank you

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

Thanks for your detailed update.

I'm aware of the location of George Michel's restaurant – being occasionally a client, and only know George from his kind polite side – but the actual shooting took place at another french, but unnamed restaurant in Maenam; is that one on Soi 4..?
And the mentioned french restaurant at soi Koseng, don't think there are that many possibilities, so must be a fairly newly opened one, or..?

In french press, they name the restaurant  ( owner Cyrille Larignon) ,  where all this happened : " Le Jardin des envies"

1 person likes this

A nonsense post has been removed as well as the appropriate reply. 

2 hours ago, bangrak said:

OK, OK, sorry then, please correct my post, my mistake: Georges' 'La Bonne Franquette' restaurant's front is not on Maenam Soi 4, but on Soi 'opposite Soi 4' = 'Soi Pier'. Thank you

Sorry, it was not to correct you, merely to explain myself when talking about another French restaurant at soi 4...:smile:

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Opl said:

In french press, they name the restaurant  ( owner Cyrille Larignon) ,  where all this happened : " Le Jardin des envies"

Thanks for your information. That's in soi Koseng. The former "Rung's Thai Food", that changed owner some few month back. The old name in the sign was instantly removed, but a new only came up a few weeks ago – think it was about a month ago they re-opened after some small changes. It's same side as Koseng, so not backyard of Georges' restaurant, but close to same distance from the Ring Road. The restaurant is still open for business, as per this market-day evening.

It's actually that house I was just about to lease some 10-years ago, as I needed more space – it was a Thai owner then and reasonable rent, but I instead preferred something not direct out to a trafficked road – don't know if the house has been sold, or it's still a rental, and only the business is traded. There has been a few renters/owners during the past decade.

1 person likes this

ID: 58   Posted (edited)

On 12/9/2016 at 6:11 PM, riverhigh said:

Now that's what I call multi-tasking: running a restaurant and performing body disposal services.  From my reliable sources, the moving and concealing of body was included in the daily dinner special. In this case he was just helping a friend in need. A totally reasonable explanation that the police should accept.

I hope to never make your acquaintance after that single post. Not funny in the slightest in the wake of a murder over money, and a subsequent cover-up.

This is a serious crime and abhorrent behavior. Too flippant a post IMHO, dark humor not warranted.

If the victim were a family member would you appreciate it?

RIP to the victim.

All this tragedy for men presumably just seeking a life of ease in paradise.

Edited by ding
clarify; to whom the RIP was meant for.
1 person likes this

I don't know whether it is true or not, but I've just heard from 'a credible source' that the main 'suspect' of the murder would be out of jail...! Has anyone on TV heard anything about it, ...and the how and why of it? 

On 2/19/2017 at 4:49 PM, bangrak said:

I don't know whether it is true or not, but I've just heard from 'a credible source' that the main 'suspect' of the murder would be out of jail...! Has anyone on TV heard anything about it, ...and the how and why of it? 

His restaurant in Maenam seem incredible closed as per today...

The murder accused Georges' La Bonne Franquette restaurant has now been cleared and painted inside, and today new electric installations made together with a sign up "For Rent"...

20170301_former-French-restaurant.jpg

...had a look inside; the whole ground floor has been cleared to one big room, a mezzanine with two separate (probably) bedrooms upstairs in the wooden 2nd floor, a Thai-style kitchen and bath in a separate building at back, and one more room (bed or office) – should someone be interested – I better pass-it-on, as the elder lady, that might be the owner, seemed like she thought it would be a good idea if I rented it, now I already had a look inside...:whistling:

2 people like this

Is it true that the killers all are free now ?

On 2/19/2017 at 10:49 PM, bangrak said:

Yes, it seems to be true ? How possible ?

ID: 66   Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, BsBs said:

Yes, it seems to be true ? How possible ?

'BsBs' it seems the info the 'main suspect' would be 'out' was ...BS (guess the ones knowing for sure won't tell about it...). But the two 'suspected' accomplices are definitely out (on bail, paid by...?), the first partying for weeks now, maybe to celebrate his luck (didn't have a penny before it seems, but can afford partying now...?), the other one, who had 'confessed' about the concealing and transporting the body of the victim, would have re-opened 'his' restaurant (paid by the murder suspect Georges Michel it seems, and at the origin of the shooting) in the 'lesser' soy of Maenam's walking street. How'd you want your steak done, sir, 'bloody'...?

Edited by bangrak