Thares1

Visa in Ho Chi Minh

52 posts in this topic

First trip to Ho Chi Minh for visa run. It was easy to get still i had 5 visas from before, different places everytime. But remember to have ticket out of Thailand ready,  and copy of the booking for the trip to Vietnam. First time ive been asked for that. they took copy of passport and old visa in the office. No queue so if you have everything ready in and out in 5 min. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" and copy of the booking for the trip to Vietnam "

 

surely I think you mean for the trip to Thailand?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 4   Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Thares1 said:

No Both ways. 

 

 

I have never heard of any other consulate or embassy asking for proof of how you arrived in the country of application and I can't see the logic of it.

I would think some people wont be able to provide any copy of the trip to Vietnam especially if for example they have travelled overland from neighbouring Cambodia. I also noticed nothing is mentioned on the consulate website about this requirement.

 

so now they have three requirements at Ho Chi Minh City

 

1. copy of your booking into Vietnam

2. copy of your booking back into Thailand

3.copy of your booking out of Thailand

 

has anyone else other than the original poster been asked to provide a copy of an a ticket into Vietnam?

Edited by Asiantravel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thares1 said:

Thats Correct. 

 

because there is no mention of what they asked from you on their website plus no one else who has obtained a Visa in Ho Chi Minh City has ever mentioned this strange requirement so I am thinking it was a special request in your case for whatever reason.

Anyway I have sent an email to them at the consulate asking them to clarify this and I will post the response here once I receive it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was not only me, There was a couple of others to with the same problem. Talked with a few of them. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

 

 

I have never heard of any other consulate or embassy asking for proof of how you arrived in the country of application and I can't see the logic of it.

<SNIP>

 

has anyone else other than the original poster been asked to provide a copy of an a ticket into Vietnam?

 

There's very little logic or consistency in the requirements of embassies worldwide which seem to interpret the set rules with their own discretion.

 

I will be applying for a tourist visa in HCMC on Thursday and will report back on the requirements.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thares1 said:

It was not only me, There was a couple of others to with the same problem. Talked with a few of them. 

 

 

Well we shall see what the consulate says in their reply. All I can say is it would make no sense whatsoever that they would deny a tourist Visa to someone who wants to visit Thailand and satisfies all the criteria listed on their website ( but which mentions nothing about all this ) but can't provide evidence they flew  into Vietnam because they came by bus from Cambodia.

As far as I can see it has no bearing whatsoever regarding the subject matter of the Visa application itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

 

There's very little logic or consistency in the requirements of embassies worldwide which seem to interpret the set rules with their own discretion.

 

I will be applying for a tourist visa in HCMC on Thursday and will report back on the requirements.

 

 

that would be very helpful thanks:smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:20 PM, Thares1 said:

It was not only me, There was a couple of others to with the same problem. Talked with a few of them. 

 

maybe I misinterpreted you but I thought you were trying to imply you need to have an   airline ticket booking into Vietnam (because you said they declined to accept even your boarding pass of your flight to Vietnam ) and yet on their website of required documentation they list the following :-

 

• Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

• Visa application form completely filled out

• Recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph (s) of the applicant

• Evidence of travel (air/bus ticket to and from Thailand)

• Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

 

so if they are prepared to accept just a bus ticket  for the entry in to Thailand and also exit from Thailand at the end of the Visa period why would they not accept a bus ticket in to Vietnam in the first place?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Asiantravel said:

 

maybe I misinterpreted you but I thought you were trying to imply you need to have an   airline ticket booking into Vietnam (because you said they declined to accept even your boarding pass of your flight to Vietnam ) and yet on their website of required documentation they list the following :-

 

• Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

• Visa application form completely filled out

• Recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph (s) of the applicant

• Evidence of travel (air/bus ticket to and from Thailand)

• Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

 

so if they are prepared to accept just a bus ticket  for the entry in to Thailand and also exit from Thailand at the end of the Visa period why would they not accept a bus ticket in to Vietnam in the first place?

 

 

I don't see where the OP states they would not accept his boarding pass??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

 

I don't see where the OP states they would not accept his boarding pass??

 

that's because he said that in a private message to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just applied for my single entry tourist visa an the only requirements were

 

Passport copy

Ticket into Thailand

Ticket out of Thailand

 

Others applying (Russians) only presented the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 15   Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Just applied for my single entry tourist visa an the only requirements were

 

Passport copy

Ticket into Thailand

Ticket out of Thailand

 

Others applying (Russians) only presented the same.

 

 

thank you for that

I thought I smelt BS from the moment I read the original post.

in Post 7 above  he even suggests others who were applying at the same time as him also had the same problem and yet miraculously this requirement seems to have disappeared overnight.

I don't know what motivates people to come on this site and spread false and misleading information.

Edited by Asiantravel
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 25 July 2017 21:45
Sponsors
  • Popular Now