Thares1

Visa in Ho Chi Minh

52 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, sotonowl said:

Yep, i'll try that but it's not easy is it, getting them to understand you that is.

When you arrived in HCMC did you have any paperwork to fill in at all?

I have a 5 year visa so have no issues with immigration.

ID: 42   Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

So it's no longer a throw away ticket?:giggle:

As I repeatedly say

Helen SPECIFICALLY ASKED ABOUT A THROW AWAY TICKET !!!:post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by LongTimeLurker

On 12/31/2016 at 9:34 AM, Mooner said:

They also wanted proof of funds when i was there earlier in the year and wouldnt accept cash.

So what would they accept? I plan to show an ATM bank slip from my Bangkok Bank account or would it be better to have my bank book with me?

24 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

So what would they accept? I plan to show an ATM bank slip from my Bangkok Bank account or would it be better to have my bank book with me?

Your bank book and copies of it would be the best proof.

HCMC is notoriously difficult to get a Thai visa, I was turned away and saw many reports of others, despite having a ton of paperwork, from an extremely rude and unapologetic woman running the desk.

HCMC is notoriously difficult to get a Thai visa, I was turned away and saw many reports of others, despite having a ton of paperwork, from an extremely rude and unapologetic woman running the desk.

Did you have flight out of Thailand and proof of funds. And how many visas do you have in your passport?

And when was this?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, ChomDo said:

I showed them my balance from text messages. Had to go over the road and print it out.

Either would work i imagine

ID: 48   Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, markcm19 said:

The last time I applied for a visa in Hanoi or HCMC was about a year ago now, but it was easy at that time. They did want to see a confirmed flight out of Thailand, but that is true in numerous other consulates. Overall, applying in those places was a pleasant experience.

Edited by BritTim

I saw people got knocked back in Savannakhet with just a mini slip and a card. Take your bank book or a statement or both.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

On 2/25/2017 at 4:06 PM, markcm19 said:

On 2/25/2017 at 4:36 PM, Mooner said:

I showed them my balance from text messages. Had to go over the road and print it out.

Either would work i imagine

Ok so I just returned from my visa trip to HCMC. Interesting story this time. I will write a more detailed review separately but I was very close to being rejected even though this would be only my second consecutive SETV (previous from Vientiane). In my passport I of course have a lot of in and out travel from Thailand and some SETV's but anyway I didn't expect any problems.

I've been to the Thai Consulate in HSMC once before and applying for a SETV was easy and smooth as many other reports suggest. Maybe things have tightened up there too then because this time it wasn't so nice and friendly anymore. They looked at my passport long and then told me that I have too many visas and it/out travel to Thailand. After a long interrogation they said that they can accept it this time but in the future I would have to have even more proof such as letter from guarantor in Thailand. 

After the 5 min questioning (which felt a bit like at the immigration office) and all the paperwork, which I had luckily prepared extra well, I got the receipt to pick up my visa the next afternoon at 1.30pm. I was also expecting it to be free but I guess most EU countries are not included in that extended period of free SETV, so it was 40USD. 

Documents required:

- Flights to Thailand and out of Thailand

- Bank statement (copy of screen shot of my BBL account balance)

1 person likes this

Does the flight out of Thailand have to be within 60 or 90 days?

12 hours ago, bitzu said:

Does the flight out of Thailand have to be within 60 or 90 days?

Within 90 days