sledpull

Compare & Contrast Villa Markets with Bluport Fresh Market

27 posts in this topic

Just attempting to see if anyone has shopped at the new Fresh Market at Bluport and your thoughts in comparing it with Villa Market! (customer service, price, choices, etc)

As an aside the whole Bluport experience seems expat friendly (Free discount M-Card and movie discount card for those over 60)!

Appreciate it!

1 person likes this

Never buy fresh products at either of them, we buy at Makro. There are a limited number of products we dont find at Makro that we buy at Villa market, Tesco, Big C or Gourmet. 

2 people like this

Never buy fresh products at either of them, we buy at Makro. There are a limited number of products we dont find at Makro that we buy at Villa market, Tesco, Big C or Gourmet. 

Makro Hua Hin is also a good choice, indeed.

All in all, if I'm going to shop at only the one, it'll probably be VM because it's so much easier a shopping experience. However, I do think that that Bluport wins on fresh produce for price, range and quality; and it does have a few specialty items that VM lacks. I'm happy to have them both; along with an improved Tesco.

Bluport? What is it where is it?  I can't find anything about it online except a shopping mall in Hua Hin....

Bluport? What is it where is it?  I can't find anything about it online except a shopping mall in Hua Hin....

Yes, Blúport is the new shopping mall opposite of the Intercontinental Hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

My wife does the shopping. She knows what I like, especially in Western foods, and she is a great cook. We do not live where any Villa of Bluport exists, and she does not like Makro, Tesco or Big C; she prefers Tops for Western foods and the rest comes from local markets. The fact that she can recreate any western dish I like is the best part. If I had to have a special brand-name of foods, I guess I would be lost.

Today, I took the time to go through  all of Gourmet Market aisles meticulously and shopped there. I appreciate the comments.  The prices are comparable to Villa Market.  Many choices of products plus a designated fluent English speaker to assist.  The staff smiles and is very helpful.  Unfortunately  my perception of these things are missing at VM.

Plus coming from the Pranburi area, the covered parking and easy egress for me makes it my new choice for specialized items!

2 people like this

the salad bar and soup bar are fantastic at bluport, the pork fillets and chicken is comparable price to vm, obviously more expensive than makro, but you are paying for supposedly hormone free and free range products. grocery items are similar price in both stores. The beef is over priced in both and i buy mine from makro as well as the lamb

Tesco is slightly less expensive but nowhere the quality or range of Bluport. Bluport has an excellent deli and a great range of fruit and vegetables.

Villa I find good for the things I can't get from home. But must admit I haven't been there since Bluport opened.

Things like meat I'd go Makro or online.

Bluport  was heaven for me yesterday. Lots of organic sourced  produce. (I seek this out for  products usually doused in pesticides).  Awesome selection of frozen and fresh products.  Excellent inventory.  Tesco produce is sketchy at best and it's frozen food section is a fraction the size of Bluport.. Tesco is for low quality  merchandise, while Bluport is definitely upscale.

1 person likes this

bluport fdoesnt seem to stock indian products such as poppadums, spices, pastes, chutney etc, whereis villa does, villa has a better range of foreign condiments and spices for all farang food on the whole,

2 people like this

On 04.01.2017 at 11:45 AM, machans88 said:

bluport fdoesnt seem to stock indian products such as poppadums, spices, pastes, chutney etc, whereis villa does, villa has a better range of foreign condiments and spices for all farang food on the whole,

yummy!!...Thai and Indian food, amongst the best in the world!!!!!!!...what about Bangkok?...any stores carry Indian cooking spices?