Wake Up

BKK Swampy Re-entry Permit location inside security

As of December 18, 2016 the Re-entry permit office at Swampy requires an outbound plane ticket and you must go through security to get a re-entry permit. See photo below. 

IMG_2588.JPG

• Like 1

So, after making themselves reasonably easy to find these past few months, they are now going to revert to the previous arrangement of hiding themselves away in some obscure spot in some ill-signposted immigration departure zone, are they?

A typical TIT move aimed solely at causing the maximum inconvenience and hassle possible to those needing re-entry permits, it looks like to me. 

Indeed.

Once again we have a new definitive re-entry permit thread.

Confirmed it as of 22 Dec. Moreover, they don't accept your own form and photo and charge a flat 1,200 THB, the reason being it's easy for them to store the information in the system. 

To answer my own question, yes it is now open 24/7 again. Single and multiple re-entry available, although if you need to transfer the stamp for a multiple re-entry it can only be done at Suvarnabhumi.   

On 27/01/2017 at 1:43 PM, SaintLouisBlues said:

Where is "Immigration Departure Zone 2"? If I'm departing through Thai Airways First/Business Class dedicated channel how do I get to it?

It's the centre immigration entrance in the terminal, near the Thai cattle class check-in.

Talk to the attendants at the First/Business check-in they'll sort you.

That this thing is now PAST the immigration desk where you have already been stamped out is certainly not appreciated

23 hours ago, siam2007 said:

That this thing is now PAST the immigration desk where you have already been stamped out is certainly not appreciated

And, certainly prior to what turned out to be its temporary relocation to the main departures hall, I was never able to detect anything even vaguely resembling a re-entry permit office/desk, either before or after being stamped out of LOS!

Just checking. I assume no news is good news and the Re-Entry Permit Counter is still at "Immigration Departure Zone 2" as above. Also that they take a photo and use their form there. Is a photocopy of passport needed?

Will be using the service shortly on an SETV. Any update much appreciated.

On 5/31/2017 at 9:22 AM, boriga said:

Just checking. I assume no news is good news and the Re-Entry Permit Counter is still at "Immigration Departure Zone 2" as above. Also that they take a photo and use their form there. Is a photocopy of passport needed?

Will be using the service shortly on an SETV. Any update much appreciated.

I'll find out tomorrow!

Whilst on this topic - do you have to get the re-entry stamps at the Airport  -  or can you obtain the re-entry stamps at any immigration office 

regards

Richard

17 minutes ago, oporhatch said:

Whilst on this topic - do you have to get the re-entry stamps at the Airport  -  or can you obtain the re-entry stamps at any immigration office 

regards

Richard

Any immigration office will do the deed and it is the recommended way as it is cheaper.