montypython

safety in chiang mai bars

hi guys

i just registered today but ive been reading the forum for the past week im going to thailand for my first time in january for 4 weeks ive read some disturbing reports on various sites about farlangs being savagely beaten in zoe in yellow. most claiming it was no fault of there's does zoe in yellow deserve the bad press and is there other bar to avoid?

i certainly wont be going into zoe in yellow after reading up on it    

The trashpackers have been successful at transforming about 1/4 of the most area into Koa San Road, and making it resemble anything but the rest of Thailand.  I doubt the people mixing the bucket drinks even know what is in them.  I walked by there one night after cloising, and expected to see a party that had spilled onto the streets as reported.  Hardly...just a group's of 8 farang guys without a girl or a clue.  Thug, roidhead bouncers often comp!iment roidhead amateur bucket drinkers.  "F."

Edited by KhonKaenKowboy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Don't get put off and  certainly don't worry too much about hyped, exaggerated reports. There are many other bars to try in and around Chiang Mai old town and around the moat, with live music etc. Come to Thailand, relax and have a good time.

Regards,

Joe

cheers joe

am i right to avoid zoe? do these assults happen in other bars?

im not going to let it ruin my holiday but ill be more aware an avoid bars around the red light area

Just now, cyberfarang said:

If you`re coming to Chiang Mai just for the bars, then I would say don`t bother. The scene is much better in Bangkok and Pattaya.

im coming for day time excursions, treks, animal sanctuarys and cooking classes but would also like to have a few beers at night time (not gogo bars, regular bars )

1 minute ago, montypython said:

im coming for day time excursions, treks, animal sanctuarys and cooking classes but would also like to have a few beers at night time (not gogo bars, regular bars )

Chiang Mai is dead during the late hours.

A troll post has been removed along with a reply.  

Please stay on the topic.   If you do not wish to be helpful, move on to another thread.  

• Like 2

Yes not great nighclubbing in Chiang Mai from what I can see, just a couple of places with some slobby backpackers. Plenty of cool bars though where you can relax and shoot some pool with your friends for example

• Like 1

As previously stated Zoe Yellow attracts the younger backpacker crowd with loud music being played from various bars-I didn't find it intimidating just a little boring.As others have suggested if you're looking for a lively night out with a greater variety then I would suggest Bangkok or Pattaya.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect