webfact

Russian tourist killed in Pattaya, crushed by tour bus

53 posts in this topic

Russian tourist killed in Pattaya, crushed by tour bus

By Albert Jack -

pat.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A Russian tourist has been killed at the Dolphin Roundabout in Pattaya after his motorcycle was involved in a collision with a tour bus.

Witnesses said that Mr Sergei Sugadaev was riding along Naklua Road on the left hand side of a coach owned by S.C Somchai Service Co Ltd when the driver took a sudden and sharp left hand turn into Soi 29/1.

Mr Sugadaev was unable to brake in time and was knocked off and then run over by the rear wheels of the couch.

He was pronounced dead at the scene, by medics, of head injuries and his body taken to Banglamung Mortuary.

The tour bus driver has been arrested and is being questioned in advance of potential criminal charges.

Report shared by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/russian-tourist-killed-pattaya-crushed-tour-bus/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-01-05

Gulp - what a way to go :sad:

Seems to have been quite a spate of horrific RTA's recently - I'll stick to walking and the baht buses - even at 20 THB a pop.

2 people like this

Along Naklua 29/1, there's a huge car park for tour buses as well as a 'bypass' for the Dolphin Circle. Due to the acute angle of the junction, buses headed south turn from the right-hand lane. The perils of undertaking in Thailand.

Sad way to go, but isn't it illegal to drive on the left side of vehicles?  That's a blind spot and incredibly dangerous.

1 person likes this

From the facebook photos it looks to me like the bus was turning right, across the opposite lane into a side soi, Mr Sergei ( maybe going too fast) in the opposite lane fell off the bike due to heavy panic braking slid under the wheels of the bus
(not the couch as stated in Pattaya one article)
R.I.P Mr Sergei

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, PaddyDaddy said:

On the other hand maybe the bus overtook him and then turned into him. It's happened to me many times. Car and pickup drivers hate to be stuck behind a motorcycle so they overtake and almost immediately  pull into the kerb and stop or make a left turn. 

And yet again many motorbikes overtake me on the left

Off topic post removed, topic is not about Baht bus fares

2 hours ago, PaddyDaddy said:

On the other hand maybe the bus overtook him and then turned into him. It's happened to me many times. Car and pickup drivers hate to be stuck behind a motorcycle so they overtake and almost immediately  pull into the kerb and stop or make a left turn. 

baht buses do this all the time without ever using their indicators

55 minutes ago, chasntong said:

And yet again many motorbikes overtake me on the left

This is allowed  in Thailand.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, PaddyDaddy said:

im not surprised there are many roads in pattaya such as beach road or second road where even walking tourists cannot get across the road due to traffic and also its no good going across a road crossing as the vehicles dont stop , im also sick and tired of NO SEATS to sit on at beach road , beach road used to be so good because it had lots of seats on beach road to sit on UNTIL THE TOWN HALL HAD A BRAINSTORM and decided to take the seats away NOW TOURISTS HAVE to sit on the DIRTY PAVEMENT TO SIT DOWN another case of looking after tourists NOT !

It's the Russian's fault. If he didn't come to Thailand, it wouldn't have happened !!!
Thai logic :passifier:

1 person likes this