RickG16

Damaged photo in passport

23 posts in this topic

yeah if the immigration advised you that you might have trouble coming back then get a new one. And fly back don't cross the land border. Just recently that British dude who had his hand gel spilled on his pass was detained on the way back because the other country didn't let him in with that passport so he had to come back.. But his visa expired. 

why not get a new passport where you are now, saves any risk of problems

ID: 18   Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, steve187 said:

why not get a new passport where you are now, saves any risk of problems

Might be touch and go as to whether he would receive the new passport at his present location in time if (as stated in his OP) he is planning to return to Thailand in a fortnight!

Edited by OJAS

A passport is critical for travel or may be needed for identification.

It should be kept in a safe secure place and always treated as if it was your personal microchip.

Don't let it get damaged and you'll be fine.

ID: 20   Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, steven100 said:

A passport is critical for travel or may be needed for identification.

It should be kept in a safe secure place and always treated as if it was your personal microchip.

Don't let it get damaged and you'll be fine.

Agreed - although in the context of this particular thread it does seem to me rather strange in this day and age that none of the various powers-that-be responsible for issuing passports have apparently been able to come up with a passport which does not run upon accidental exposure to water. 

Edited by OJAS
1 person likes this

Didn't think I'd be bumping this thread again, but here goes....

My new passport is now ready for collection at the Bangkok visa office (Trendy building) . But my issue now is that the email asks me to bring my old passport to submit to them. I have my emergency passport (with current visa stamp) and my old, original passport (with the corners snipped).

My problem is that if they ask me to submit the emergency passport I am left without a visa, and technically illegal in the country - surely they will let me hang on to this? I also booked my flights up to BKK with it, so need it for the journey.

Does anybody know if they require the emergency passport, or if the old passport will be sufficient to hand in and receive my new passport?

I don't want to be left visa-less, as this could also cause complications were I to go to a border and get the first stamp in my new passport. 

Any ideas?... I have given up contacting HMPO and the visa office as they seem to be good at passing the buck to each other.

You will present your emergency travel document and they will cancel it by stamping it and cutting the corners off then give it back to you.

Everything in it will remain valid after it is canceled.

If you are on an extension of stay you will need to go to immigration to have your stamps transferred. 

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will present your emergency travel document and they will cancel it by stamping it and cutting the corners off then give it back to you.

Everything in it will remain valid after it is canceled.

If you are on an extension of stay you will need to go to immigration to have your stamps transferred. 

Helpful as always mate.. Thank you.