Csaw

What do Isaan women really like?

168 posts in this topic

My MiL is/was an example of many Thai women. Originally married to a Thai. He was a butterfly school teacher and she kicked him into touch because of his ways. She then had nothing and sold food at the local school. A German hitches up with her via a friend. He builds her a house and bought her gold, car etc the usual MO for a farang. He worshiped her. In return I expected her to show a little respect and loyalty to the man that saved her from the abyss. Nah, she took up a, on the side, relationship with the soldier in charge of conscript recruitment at the Amphur/Tessaban. That went on for a few years and then the German died. She then hitched up with a fat drunkard Swed via a friend. No need to as she had much from the German.

The rest of the story you can put in yourselves.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, sinbin said:

We see the same thing Berkshire. At the end of the day, due to our cultural differences, a Thai lady deep down prefers the company of Thai men over farang. Thai men know how to make a Thai lady enjoy herself. A Thai man knows what a Thai woman wants to hear. The two most important things after money. Given the chance on returning for a solo home visit 'rock bottom' Somchai suddenly looks very appealing.

Two of the saddest posts I have ever read on here. I feel sorry for you two. Must be hard living, feeling how you do. Maybe you should move on. 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

What are you on about?  You think being honest with oneself is sad?  Are you one of those guys who believes a BG when she calls you a "hansum man?"  Do you think every Thai women secretly wants to be with a farang?  Come on now.  I know where I stand in Thailand and I'm fine with that.  There will never be a shortage of quality women for quality men.  As such, I will never be alone in Thailand unless I choose to be.   

Nothing about every Thai woman. You said quality Thai women would choose a Thai man over a farang. 

So you mean that wives of farang are not quality women. Nice thing to say. Fortunately most people will not take much offence, as I didn't, and put it down to the usual idiot talking rubbish. 

2 people like this

41 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Nothing about every Thai woman. You said quality Thai women would choose a Thai man over a farang. 

So you mean that wives of farang are not quality women. Nice thing to say. Fortunately most people will not take much offence, as I didn't, and put it down to the usual idiot talking rubbish. 

Since you want to trade insults, perhaps I can suggest that you're the idiot talking rubbish.  I said most Thai women would prefer a quality Thai man over a foreigner....which would include Japanese, Koreans, farangs, etc.  But since quality Thai men don't exactly grow on trees, there's enough quality women to go around for all of us (well, maybe not you).  But you and a few other simpletons seem to believe that all or most Thai women prefer farangs, which is nonsense. 

2 people like this

ID: 157   Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Since you want to trade insults, perhaps I can suggest that you're the idiot talking rubbish.  I said most Thai women would prefer a quality Thai man over a foreigner....which would include Japanese, Koreans, farangs, etc.  But since quality Thai men don't exactly grow on trees, there's enough quality women to go around for all of us (well, maybe not you).  But you and a few other simpletons seem to believe that all or most Thai women prefer farangs, which is nonsense. 

I have never said anything of the sort. I said your post was sad. Please quote me where I said anything about Thai women. I have only ever quoted you and Sinbin. 

My wife is a quality woman, thank you. Together for 17 years and going strong. We can communicate in three different languages. We and enjoy and respect each others' culture. That is why we have been together for so long.

I am anything but some guy with his head in the sand. 

The usual suspects who bang on about Thai women not being truthful are those who have been fleeced. Or those that come to Thailand and expect others to adapt to their ways. Or maybe the guys that come on here and talk about how they banish the family from their house by building walls and locked gates. 

Please read what I write before you start accusing me of saying things that I haven't said. 

Edited by puchooay

1 minute ago, puchooay said:

I have never said anything of the sort. I said your post was sad. Please quote me where I said anything about Thai women. I have only ever quoted to and Sinbin. 

My wife is a quality woman, thank you. Together for 17 years and going strong. We can communicate in three different languages. We and enjoy and respect each others' culture. That is why we have been together for so long.

I am anything but some guy with his head in the sand. 

The usual suspects who bang on about Thai women not being truthful are those who have been fleeced. Or those that come to Thailand and expect others to adapt to their ways. Or maybe the guys that come on here and talk about how they banish the family from their house by building walls and locked gates. 

Please read what I write before you start accusing me of saying things that I haven't said. 

How does a woman become a quality woman? 

36 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

How does a woman become a quality woman? 

Quality is in the eye of the beholder. 

All criteria being equal: A Thai woman would prefer a Thai man over a Farang. But:

- A Thai-Lady, upwards a certain age, will not be without children from a previous marriage. For a Thai Man, this comes with a "stigma". (A "used" article). Unless wealthy and/or very beautiful, she can only re-marry a Thai Man that is below her standing on the "Social-Latter".

- This is where Farangs come in: They are far less sensitive when it comes to the "used-article-syndrome".
This in itself, plus the fact that Farangs (usually) can provide for a stable financial environement, (unlike "Somchai") makes them attractive canidates for Thai-Ladies contemplating re-marriage. IMHO, those 2 traits are the "sex-appeal" that Farangs have in the eyes of a Thai-Lady in a situation as described above.

Of course, in some rare cases, a Thai-Lady may find it attractive, when a Farang is massively overweight, featuring a beer-belly plus a double-chin and the hairs growing out of his ears are older than her kids from a previous marriage.
I dare to say, that this scenario would rather be the exeption than the rule.
Cheers.

1 person likes this

ID: 161   Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, puchooay said:

Quality is in the eye of the beholder. 

Quality women ,    under 30 years,  and  below 45kg . 555

TLC ,  is all they want .  money not important , enough is OK . 

Edited by elliss
1 person likes this

Gambling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Infidelity, lying, greed, theft etc: are some other hidden attributes my ex-isaan girlfriend portrayed to me on a normal daily basis. She was one of the nicer ones lol

2 people like this

I think the Thai work situation comes into play also. For older retired guys it's OK, they are seen as done their time and can relax.

But for others, do they (women) want to slave over a hot till/oven/stall while their farang husbands either teach for low money or scuttle around pretending not to work?

There are not too many women (Thai or otherwise) who would take on that liability without some cunning secret 'get out' clause.

1 person likes this

ID: 164   Posted (edited)

Working on a life together makes a relationship stronger. I know of many  women who work knowing that they are building a better life with their partner and also understanding the value of money.

My wife has, over the past 10 years or so, built up a very profitable business. With this she has been able to buy things that she wants and has made a better life for herself. Maybe this should be part of the meaning of a "quality woman"

There are many values on this thread that are a little biased towards the  woman but should also be directed at some of the males in relationships. Infidelity is probably high on that list. With that comes lies. How many times do we hear a male talking about how they have rendezvous with other women???. It only takes a jealous or angry lady or man to see or hear that and and pass on the news and then, hey presto, the lady is a bitch for kicking the husband out.

After 17 years of successful marriage, my first anywhere, I think I probably know what I am talking about. I don't need anyone trying to tell me I am wrong, particularly those that have ballsed their relationship up and been driven out of their home.

Edited by puchooay
1 person likes this

On 18/04/2017 at 6:22 PM, Berkshire said:

Quality women ??  What constitutes a 'quality' woman.

8 hours ago, drgoon said:

Quality women ??  What constitutes a 'quality' woman.

That's a loaded question because, obviously, it's different for everyone.  But some of the basic traits...honesty, conscientiousness, not greedy, reasonably attractive, educated (not PhD but some education), compassionate, good family, not just looking for a farang, etc.  Some other traits which may be more based on individual preference would be English skills, age, childless, level of attractiveness, sexual history, ambition, etc.

The question is, how would YOU define a quality woman?  There is your answer.