Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

peter smith    0

Hi

I was looking for some answers , found this and hopefully you can help me.

I was working in Thailand some  years ago, and I lost my job in 2014, I had to leave Thailand with 2 credit cards amount due to Amex, and Aeon. what happens if I go back to Thailand now? 

Pib    8,320

I expect nothing unless Amex and AEON find out you are in Thailand and come after you for the money.    If you are asking if you a blacklisted highly, highly unlikely.

Heck, when you get back you could even go to them and pay the overdue bills....and I don't think I would apply for any new Thai credit cards until the previous two are paid off.

• Like 1

peter smith    0

Yes . i am worried if i am blacklisted or face issues with immigration. Thank you for your reply, appreciate that. 

Edited by peter smith
spelling

ubonjoe    17,775
50 minutes ago, bsssboy said:

I think you will be arrested if Credit card companies already notified immigration! 

They would not be able to notify immigration.

The would have to file a court case for the debt and then a person could be put on a watch list. That is not likely to happen unless the debt was very high.

• Like 2

bsssboy    0
On 24/01/2017 at 10:29 AM, ubonjoe said:

They would not be able to notify immigration.

The would have to file a court case for the debt and then a person could be put on a watch list. That is not likely to happen unless the debt was very high.

I think they will first send you court letters. then they will move to immigration, what you think will be the amount to be, for moving to immigration? anything more than 50,000 will be notified.. 

mark5335    64
Is there a way to check if you are black listed?

If for credit blacklisting status, you can check at branches of the National Credit Bureau. There's a branch near Asoke on the corner of Sukhumvit 25. Take your passport and pay a fee of a few hundred baht and they will print your file report for you on the spot.

peter smith    0
52 minutes ago, mark5335 said:

If for credit blacklisting status, you can check at branches of the National Credit Bureau. There's a branch near Asoke on the corner of Sukhumvit 25. Take your passport and pay a fee of a few hundred baht and they will print your file report for you on the spot.

but since I am not in Thailand now. and can only go back if i m not in trouble, how will i check? I have emailed Thai visa service, hope they help.

Thank you for your reply  

peter smith    0
On 30/01/2017 at 3:32 PM, JWNY said:

Peter, 

forgive me for my candour but why not just pay back your debt with interest and seek permission to go back?

I lost my job then, i ddnt have means to pay back. the only option i had was to return to my country.  life was bit tough then. now i have an opportunity to go back and start everything new. i know this is not an excuse for not owning up your dues.

faraday    770

Contact the card companies before you come back & settle up.

• Like 1

thedemon    578
37 minutes ago, faraday said:

Contact the card companies before you come back & settle up.

Good advice and you can likely ask them to take a haircut on the interest so long as you are safe from their clutches.

ldiablo72    353
 I lost my job then, i ddnt have means to pay back. the only option i had was to return to my country.  life was bit tough then. now i have an opportunity to go back and start everything new. i know this is not an excuse for not owning up your dues.

"now i have an opportunity to go back and start everything new".
If you really want to start new, you could start by paying off your outstanding credit card balances.
If you have enough funds to come back into Thailand you certainly have enough funds to make some form of payment on your delinquent accounts.