soistalker

Stomach problems: I need to find a hotel with kitchen in the unit or good restaurant

33 posts in this topic

You should try leaving Thailand. I had terrible stomach problems in Thailand for months, tried changing my diet to no avail, then left and returned to the UK. Within 2 weeks, no more stomach problems. Problems never returned. Better quality food and more hygienically prepared in Europe.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Thainess said:

You should try leaving Thailand. I had terrible stomach problems in Thailand for months, tried changing my diet to no avail, then left and returned to the UK. Within 2 weeks, no more stomach problems. Problems never returned. Better quality food and more hygienically prepared in Europe.

Exactly what happens to me it will go on for months. Even with a totally bland diet.  The only time it seems to clear up is with a dose of antibiotics.  But not good to take those long time so it usually comes back few days after I stop which I assume means it is bacteria related.

I don't get why people recommend the OP to get out of Thailand, suggesting their own anecdotal diagnosis, etc. You clearly didn't read his question - he's coming to Thailand to get hospital treatment for his pre-existing (and probably diagnosed) stomach problem

One option is to look for short term condo rentals at AirBnb for example, since they are condos a lot of them will have a simple kitchen and utensils.

Other options would be eating fresh fruits if your stomach can tolerate them. Cooking vegetables in a microwave is definitely doable, just Google how to do it properly. Can't really recall which hotels I've stayed in that have had microwaves and which ones didn't, but at least @Mind Sukhumvit 85 I am sure has microwaves in every room (I stayed there for a long time once and had to change rooms and room types a couple of times). 

I have bought a rice cooker for a 2-3 week trip and left it for the staff when I left the hotel ,

lightweight and 200-300 baht

antibiotics should only be given by a Doctor  and not often , they way they will keep working for you when you really need them ,

Find out what is wrong with you before taking antibiotics , and take the full course and not stop after a few days once you start feeling better ,

Good Luck.....

On 2/5/2017 at 0:43 PM, nisakiman said:

Don't feed the trolls. They just keep coming back for more.

I'm not a "troll", I'm trying to help the guy to see reality. Thailand is no longer a cheap destination, in particular Bangkok. The pound is going to be under 40 baht very soon. 2 years ago, it was 56 baht to one £. If you're so short of money that your budget is only $30 day, you had better have very good health insurance in case you get sick (and the guy already said he's sick). Cambodia and Africa cater to your type of low-budget tourists these days, although neither of them offer good health care.

I have bought a rice cooker for a 2-3 week trip and left it for the staff when I left...

Yeah, the cooker is perfect. Once the rice gets going you can just through the chicken and veggies on top and close it back up for a while.

That said, unless it's a dump, the hotel is likely to frown on stinking up the floor cooking rice.

Google up how to use a microwave.

OP, not a joke, have you considered some of the precooked and chilled or frozen meals at 7/11. They have some pretty bland chicken and rice, omelets, bland soup etc and all you need is a microwave. they also sell precooked vacuum packed chicken breasts, fish fillets etc.

Make sure you get a room close to a market.

Hard boiled eggs from the hot-pot and raw veggies?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect