Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
snoop1130

First restaurant allegedly encroached on beach in Hua Hin dismantled

Just those pilings to go now. With one building pulled the other owners

must be getting very worried.

Does anyone know how long those structures have been there? WhenI first visited Hua Hin some 18 years ago, I remember staying in a geh-how with rooms on one of the piers, and have subsequently eaten at several of the restaurants. It always seemed that they complemented the area, which is very much the old town. Let's hope that whatever they're replaced with is in keeping with the neighbourhood, although I reckon that's highly unlikely.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stupooey said:

Does anyone know how long those structures have been there? WhenI first visited Hua Hin some 18 years ago, I remember staying in a geh-how with rooms on one of the piers, and have subsequently eaten at several of the restaurants. It always seemed that they complemented the area, which is very much the old town. Let's hope that whatever they're replaced with is in keeping with the neighbourhood, although I reckon that's highly unlikely.

Apparently to long..

On 08/02/2017 at 7:23 PM, Stupooey said:

IIRC they were there the first time I visited Hua Hin over 30 years ago (my wife thinks so too). My understanding is they're not supposed to be replaced by anything, the beach is public land and no one should have built there in the first place. .