Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
webfact

German couple killed on motorcycle at Cha-Am U-turn

YetAnother    1,634

recent road-widening in our area introduced new UTurns; the road is much less safe now with Uturns backing up and people scrambling to avoid the UTurns; the locals are the losers, the non-local people going thru are the winners

gmac    836
19 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

recent road-widening in our area introduced new UTurns; the road is much less safe now with Uturns backing up and people scrambling to avoid the UTurns; the locals are the losers, the non-local people going thru are the winners

Seems like normal procedure all over Thailand.  Make the roads wider to help the non-locals stuff the residents.  On a 4 km stretch of road passing my house a 1km trip to make a u-turn instead of turning right as I used to and if I go out to the left, to get back home I now have to drive 0.75km past my house and sit in a queue of homeward bound Bangkokians at a traffic light before making a u-turn at the lights to get back.  Local Thais drive quite long distances on the wrong side of the road (cars, bikes, pick-ups even vans and trucks on occasion) to avoid these onerous turns.

MaxYakov    1,446
Posted (edited)
On 2/15/2017 at 4:40 AM, Raymonddiaz said:

Very sad.RIP. This happens daily in LOS. How to stop the slaughtering?

Easy! Take away the motorbikes*. Obviously the minimal protection they provide makes them unsuitable for road use. The statistics I saw yesterday indicate that >70% of the road deaths are due to motor bike accidents.

* = Yes, I know easier stated than done and it's not going to happen! Oh well, usually it's the careless and the unfit that get "taken away", permanently.

Edited by MaxYakov

Laab Muu    146
On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:06 AM, colinneil said:

Ok show police your dashcam video, but 1 think it dosent show is how fast you were going at the time.

Most dash cams with GPS logging will record footage with GPS data included and speed and coordinates are logged to each video file.