Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Grover

List Of 3000 Most Common Thai Words

desi    67

never mind... it's working now (took a long time to suck everything in)

haverkamp    0

never mind... it's working now (took a long time to suck everything in)

I can't download either.. Any advise?

Same for me here, the links are not working anymore :(

keo    40

Anyone got the anki lists that could upload them again?

ninjat    0

The SEA file is awesome. Only problem is that there are no transcripts for those of us who are pretty bad at reading Thai.

So those anyone know of a website/program that can write transcripts from thai text?

Thanks.

Hi, these are great resources, thanks everyone.

I did not see a consolidated list so I put one together, copying and pasting all the SEA vocab into a spreadsheet. I find it more useful that way as I am more interested in learning vocab by its relevance (ie how commonly it is used) than its genre.

There's also all sorts of interesting ways you can analyse the data once its in a spreadsheet...

I separated out some of the more useful categories such as months, household vocab, measurement vocab, etc into separate tabs although they all also appear in the main list in the tab named "SEA Vocab".

I removed any duplicates (there were 122 words which were repeated across different categories) leaving a vocab list of 3,123 words.

I would have liked to include the category of each word but when I realised I would have to add it in manually, I quickly dropped that idea :)

Enjoy!

wrevelate    5

i want to be able to chat so i ve compiled a list of 123 words that i think will be most useful.

i will learn how to spell them so when i am chatting i can type them out quickly.

they may be of help to the bloke asking for 100 most common words.

here they are :

spelling thai 123 words.docx

• Like 1

eddybg    2

This forum thread is gold. Exactly what I was looking for. I started learning thai last year and have been a bit slack with practicing but then I was learning about goal setting today and how you only have to learn 3-5 words everyday of a foreign language and then you'll be able to have a vocabulary of about 1500 words after 12months, which is what most languages require to be conversationally fluent. This is great, thanks! :)

• Like 2

sbk    2,042

off topic post deleted, please do not use this thread for off topic questions

jakebsp    1

The 4-part list on page two, with the words and audio, any chance anyone still has it? it's not available for download.