Thailand Forum
Grover

List Of 3000 Most Common Thai Words

NativeSon360    319

Wow! Finally, an OP topic thread where expat subscribers are actually exchanging, sharing, and providing positive support to one another. A most welcomed change. Good show, and thank you all, for your thoughts!clap2.gif

• Like 1

farang95    58

Grover, the best I can do is I have a list of the 1000 most common words according to four sources of language corpora. I've attached a spreadsheet that I converted to HTML.

The best one is the Mary Haas list. Not sure about Haas, but the other three I know are all computed automatically, so the digits 0 to 9, among other things, count as "words" in their list, as well as some other things that aren't common Thai at all, but appear frequently in their corpora because of a large number of technical texts.

Hope this is helpful.

ขอบคุณมากๆๆครับ🙏

yzak    8

does anyone have the 3000 word list with 2500 of them with audio?

• Like 1

Oxx    1,317

If you're seeking to learn those words and to hear them pronounced, then have a look at the following topic:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/921270-new-game-to-help-learn-the-3000-commonest-words/

If you want the raw data, check out previous postings here on the subject for the word list and the NECTEC/LEXiTRON website which has a download of word pronunciations. (You'll need to register first - good luck with that!)

ThaiNotes    23

As a side effect of a project I was working on, I've generated lists of word frequencies for 5 corpora, as well as a list combining the frequencies from all the corpora.  The analysis included 59,850,427 entries, and there were 144,290 different words.  The attached document WordCount.zip is the combined frequencies, whilst CorporaWordCounts.zip shows the frequencies for the five individual corpora.

The corpora were from HSE Thai Corpus.

WordCount.zip

CorporaWordCounts.zip

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:49 PM, yzak said:

can someone with file/s post fresh links?

Kind regards,

Sem.