webfact

Ex-US serviceman found dead in room surrounded by cash and valuables

75 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Looks like the last thing he did was counting his money. Another one in the Thai mass grave of farangs. Let´s hope some greater powers take care of his poor and lost soul.

He was on the bed.  The money was on the table.  You are wrong. 

1 person likes this

Young really, but sad to hear of a passing soul alone. He seems to have had a good relationship with his landlord. 

News? On a slow news day. EX US serviceman ?? This might shock people here but there was a time when a requirement of citizenship was serving in the US Army. Not all did BUT It was a citizen army, not a volunteer army. And he is old enough to be from those times, wonders never cease.

"Sealed" brown envelope stuffed with cash - now unsealed.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

R.I.P. served his Country, then passes away on his own, so sad....

...how dare they reveal any of his property..always about the money.

4 hours ago, jerojero said:

They hope to contact his relatives. Very respectful in allowing the media to publicly reveal his name before any relatives have been notified. Classy move!

Oh get over yourself. This is Thailand and the world of instant media news after all.

RIP

1 hour ago, cheechee said:

not everyone wants to watch corn grow.   maybe guy wanted Chicks to play with.................hehehehehe.     YOU DONT need to make judgements about the deceased.

I am not judgemental. Just guessing what might have happened. It could be a natural death too, because he is already 71.

He might have lived a happy life too. He was not running short of money, because he had more than a million baht, and on top counting his monthly pension too.

But my opinion is we don't need lot of money to live happy. Priority in life makes the differences. If we drill down to a simple life and thankful to other people, we don't have to worry about money.

Wow (20,000B) 800 Aussie dollars a week pension.Sounds pretty good to me. Must have been living the high life if that was not enough.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

Mass grave of farangs???? Do you think farang don't die in their home country?

Poor and lost soul??? - - where did you get that from? 

Talk about Get Real - you seem to be projecting, unless you knew him personally...

RIP good sir... 

Poor is because had to depart from all his money, and lost means that it might have been the only way out or that still the soul is restless for not solving the case if there is one to solve.
Mass grave of farangs simply points to all that comes here and die or get killed.

However, just didn´t think you would get it. Never mind. Cheers!

1 person likes this

Sad, very sad. That he was gripping the remote control might be indicative of some sort of spasm. In my book 71 years old is not really that old so what a shame having served his country but couldn't enjoy a bit more life. R.I.P. my friend

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ThaiCitizen said:

If you don't like the way Thai legal proceedings operate, you can always go home instead of criticizing. 

Rather ironic as you are a newsreader.

Perhaps the most ridiculous argument response "you can always go home"...Is that the best you can offer...? The guy made a serious and valid statement and I am sure many others here would agree with him. Why must you be so invidious.......You might wish to Google that, since you like to read so much. RIP to the gentleman that passed. And thank you for your service, sir.

The report seems to be obsessing over all the money - the dead ex-serviceman is secondary. As if to say - 'look, there was all this money, and nobody stole any'. Yet.