webfact

"Tourists come to Pattaya for nature not sex" says police chief as British businessmen blamed

274 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, johng said:

how it was....  obviously the bike show was not permanently there.

dscf0005 (Medium).jpg

Nice looking ride

2 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

Is this the TVF Pattaya chapter meeting?:sorry:

I think it's the bridge club players.... those blurry criminals!

1 person likes this

2526aac2bfbf7feab73454dba7d3b0d9.jpgThe farang version of walking street doesn't seem to be as popular with the young Thai ladies !!

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm

1 person likes this

On ‎23‎/‎2‎/‎2560 at 11:38 AM, madmitch said:

Pattaya's police chief would have been better to just keep his mouth shut and let the Mirror article be forgotten.

Obviously he should dismiss it as Fake news.

27 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

2526aac2bfbf7feab73454dba7d3b0d9.jpgThe farang version of walking street doesn't seem to be as popular with the young Thai ladies !!

Sent from my iPhone with the usual amount of sincerity and sarcasm emoji4.png

Soaking up the free vitamin D.

1 person likes this

ID: 206   Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

I agree with your post....

But

What has been severely lacking in the rebranding process is the

lack of much of any thing that would draw non sex tourist

to Pattaya...

Shopping Malls?- Shopping malls are every where...

The Beach? A very sorry beach with nasty dirty water....

History, Culture? Zilch... 

Natural beauty? Zilch....

That leaves a few tourist attractions like water parks,the floating

market,Nong Nooch etc  and that's it.....

Alls I will say is they have their work cut out for them...

There is plenty of history and culture. Pattaya is this sort of land that time forgot. People can go and get a glimpse of real living fossils both literally and figuratively. The culture harkens back to a time when men from more misogynistic cultures were allowed to do whatever they want without the fear of rightfully being called xenophobic, racist, misogynistic, phedophiles  political correctness. 

It's about as close to a real-life Westworld as it gets and it just demonstrates that the majority of people would rather watch the show than live it. 

Edited by thenoilif

It is no surprise that he is starting by aiming at the easy targets, the streetwalkers, as they are likely to be the most high-profile, least regulated and protected end, easy to catch and not necessarily contributing to the taxing/protection regime that provides income to the police. 

Any serious attempt to regulate this lucrative trade would aim firstly at the businesses that flourish in Walking Street and elsewhere throughout Pattaya.  I can't see the local politicians and businessmen putting up with that interruption to their income. After all, none of them have the brains to divert the tourists towards the so-called "natural wonders" claimed by the police chief.

This will just be another five-minute wonder and the show will go on.

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

farang version of walking street doesn't seem to be as popular with the young Thai ladies !!

It used to be when there was places to sit in the shade..very few Thai ladies like to get a suntan.

5 hours ago, stephenterry said:

It could be alleged by others than me who are not affected by the defamation laws, as to why this brain-dead police chief is still in post if he cannot accept reality, continues to lie through his misshapen teeth, and makes himself the laughing stock of Pattaya? Who can take this guy seriously?

Agree he looks like some refugeee and thats being kind to say the least

Let me tell you something most of these Russians come to Pattaya for the tropical climate and beaches its true.They even bring their wives and children for their holidays.The chinese also come to visit as ordinary holidaymakers.Most europeans also visit Pattaya for its climate and low prices for staying..so the police officer is fully correct just only he has been either poorly translated or weakly expressed himself.Most of the tourists in Pattaya do not go here for have sex with bar workers.correct100%.seems there is still oversupply of bars gogos more diversity welcome

1 person likes this

Hard to be closer to nature than sexual relations, where would any pf is be without this???

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Let me tell you something most of these Russians come to Pattaya for the tropical climate and beaches its true.They even bring their wives and children for their holidays.The chinese also come to visit as ordinary holidaymakers.Most europeans also visit Pattaya for its climate and low prices for staying..so the police officer is fully correct just only he has been either poorly translated or weakly expressed himself.Most of the tourists in Pattaya do not go here for have sex with bar workers.correct100%.seems there is still oversupply of bars gogos more diversity welcome

What you miss is that Russian also come here for long stay , and the governement is also fighting against this now.

Russian now have access to Crimea so there are closer alternatives for short hollidays.

The chief is more right than he is wrong. Certainly some are here for sex but the vast majority are here to vacation for other reasons; Russian, Chinese, and Indians are all over the town and they aren't here for the sex bars. The 'others' outnumber the sex tourist by quite a few in my estimation.

2 people like this

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 7:02 PM, Blackheart1916 said:

Well we do have golf in the day time!! 

And remember the problem Tiger had by putting his club in too many bags.

1 person likes this

What natural wonders would those be, I wonder? 

'He stated firmly: "I can confirm that Pattaya is NOT a sex capital on a world level".' So he's checked out the rest of the world?

Where are they going to house all the prostitutes they arrest?  It would be easier just to put a fence around the entire place, instant holding yard.  

1 person likes this

Apichai Kroppetch, have you ever been out at night?  If you think sex is not sold on every corner, bar, disco then you are walking blind.  You and you men will never be able to clean Pattaya up, the problem (for some) is rampant.  Then when you do/if you stop the sale of sex and close all the businesses, do you have jobs for the thousands of people that will be without work?  Can you support their families?   

1 person likes this