Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
snoop1130

Koh Phangan tourist businesses furious as warrant issued for arrest of policeman who robbed two Russian holidaymakers

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2017 at 3:08 PM, pattayadgw said:

Is this going to be yet another Policeman sent to an 'INACTIVE POST'?

Of course it is! Have you read today's exciting new developments:- 

"KOH PHANGAN: -- The rogue cop being hunted for abducting and robbing two Russian tourists had been removed from duty on the island and sent to the mainland, it has been revealed.But when he asked for ten days holiday from his new desk job he simply went back and resumed his criminal ways with drug dealing criminals and would be murderers Thairath reported."

You should be a mind reader - you'd be good at it! Mind I suppose a lot of people (myself included) suspected that the "inactive post" would come into play, but I must admit I didn't expect him to return to his playground so quickly!

Or maybe I'm reading the post incorrectly? Maybe, he'd already been caught for "wrongdoing" and instead of being jailed he was sent to an "inactive post" where he obviously wasn't happy, so he booked a 10 day holiday, and returned to the scene of his crime(s) to carry on as per usual? 

I thought that the idea of these "inactive posts" was to post them out of the area so that they couldn't interfere with any ongoing enquiries against them?

Edited by sambum

15 hours ago, sambum said:

Of course it is! Have you read today's exciting new developments:- 

"KOH PHANGAN: -- The rogue cop being hunted for abducting and robbing two Russian tourists had been removed from duty on the island and sent to the mainland, it has been revealed.But when he asked for ten days holiday from his new desk job he simply went back and resumed his criminal ways with drug dealing criminals and would be murderers Thairath reported."

You should be a mind reader - you'd be good at it! Mind I suppose a lot of people (myself included) suspected that the "inactive post" would come into play, but I must admit I didn't expect him to return to his playground so quickly!

Or maybe I'm reading the post incorrectly? Maybe, he'd already been caught for "wrongdoing" and instead of being jailed he was sent to an "inactive post" where he obviously wasn't happy, so he booked a 10 day holiday, and returned to the scene of his crime(s) to carry on as per usual? 

I thought that the idea of these "inactive posts" was to post them out of the area so that they couldn't interfere with any ongoing enquiries against them?

that might have been the original idea, now it seems to be a way for them to keep out of sigh until any wrongdoing is forgotten

• Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 8:42 AM, Dogmatix said:

Russian tabloids must be having a field day with Thailand stories. First the woman treated like a serial killer for feeding fish, now this. 

I hope these cases persuade a a lot of Russians not to come to Thailand. Thais only take action to protect their god of money.

I hope Russians stop coming too. My wife and I used to love going to Phuket. We always stayed at the same guest house by Karon beach and had a wonderful vacation. The last time we went, perhaps 3 years ago, there was nothing but Russians. My wife was the only local (Lao) person on the beach except for the worker folks. Russians were everywhere, restaurant signs were in Russian, sometimes only Russian. They treated the Thai rather poorly in my opinion, and they strutted around like their poo didn't stink. Every Thai I spoke too was much less than impressed with the "new" tourist type.

That does not excuse what the cop did, but, there may be back story we are not hearing.

On 3/1/2017 at 9:20 PM, robertthebruce said:

Shocking or what.....

how many times has this been done and innocent tourists have been charged or imprisoned,,,

This kind of stuff needs to go Viral....

Oh, please, no! It will badly tourism in Thailand. 

• Like 1

I dont think the police or the government want to charge, just make noises about changing,  life goes on !!!!!

40 minutes ago, robin hood said:

I dont think the police or the government want to charge, just make noises about changing,  life goes on !!!!!

Im starting to doubt that even the people really want to have change.