webfact

Goodbye "Sin City" hello "Sports City" - Kobkarn announces Pattaya makeover citing Jetskis as major world attraction

" The ministry needs to get the word out to foreigners interested in sports and they will come flocking, she said. " 

Of course they will! :sleep:

• Like 1

The women is clearly short of multiple screws. Classic case of engage your brain before opening the verbal exit. Wonder if she'll reinstall Deckchairs on Wednesdays if I ask nicely

"Goodbye Sin City"? Jet skis? I guess she doesn't consider bearing false witness, theft (charges for damages you didn't cause), sloth, etc as sins. I would say the sin you pay for that Pattaya is known for is far more honest and straight forward. Usually...

This kind of trade exists in every city worldwide but it is restricted to certain areas and cannot be easily accessed"

Not in my city (in UK), duck. It would undoubtedly give the brawling yobbos that can't get 'any' something else to focus on, but good gawd, perish the thought, munter's paradise! :whistling:

3 hours ago, webfact said:

She intimated this needed to change by zoning

I thought Pattaya was already the zone, and a hub?

Yes Khun Kobkarn ......more brainless ideas from your side to change into a sport hub and i really think that the whole governent in charge lost all their brain for anouncing all the hubs in Thailand......

Thanks god we have free press in Europe and can joke about all these empty boxes you all want to sell to the public and lucky thais still can read the truth on other platforms around the world as far able to read other languages...ups shit thais should'n learn it to understand what is going on beside the Thai HUB of the world!

• Like 1

Good God, are they trying to legitimize the biggest ripoff scam in Pattaya ? Shame on them ! These guys make the motorbike rental crowd look like amateurs :(

• Like 2

'There are many events in the province that are world class ... she ... cited the Jetski World Cup Pattaya and the Bang Saen Triathlon as prime examples.'

Might need to get the word out a lot further than it's been travelling. The Jet ski World Cup doesn't seem to have travelled far around Thailand; I doubt the world knows much about it.

• Like 1

Dancing will be the most popular sport. In particular the horizontal mambo. :tongue:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harada said:

Yeah right, Step 1, get through immigration, Step 2, if you haven't decided to leave for another country, head for the city of scams. :annoyed:

Ah another one who does not actually live in Pattaya- can you enlighten us on your personal experience of being scammed.

I have a suspicion we will wating a long time for your reply 

Yellow Zone at airport for kite flying, or chukwow as it is locally known

Blue Zone for muscle men, and weight lifting as it is colloquially known

Pink Zone for Hero Parade ... and I am unfamiliar, but maybe some cooking shows

Green Zone for the beach with massage and Jet Ski activity 

Red Zone for "service industry" also called Pattaya historic centre

:sorry::sorry:

• Like 1

Oh Dear

Yet another Pattaya bashing thread- from the people whose daily excitement is reporting how the rice has grown that day- and of course wish they were in Sin City.

The idea of zoning has been around for ages- personally I think get rid of all the beer bars dotted around and push everyone to one small Soi down the coast somewhere .