BANGKOK 13 November 2018 09:19
webfact

Goodbye "Sin City" hello "Sports City" - Kobkarn announces Pattaya makeover citing Jetskis as major world attraction

6 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Oh Dear

Yet another Pattaya bashing thread- from the people whose daily excitement is reporting how the rice has grown that day- and of course wish they were in Sin City.

The idea of zoning has been around for ages- personally I think get rid of all the beer bars dotted around and push everyone to one small Soi down the coast somewhere . 

You mean like Soi 6??? :w00t:

Jet Scam , leading to expensive hospitals in case of accident.

Rich people overall are over 40 and not JetSki fans so if this is the way to attract high end tourism i am skeptical.

Besides Asian dont like the sun beams so it does not target Chinese either.

• Like 1

She a two baggers.... one on her face, and one on yours..5555555555

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

" There are many events in the province that are world class"

Errmm.. care to name one dear?  and, no, JetSki's is not one of them 

Ping Pong perhaps?

Ah let me see...  Fine Dining at the Y, Muff Diving World Champs, BBBJCIM Challenge..

:cheesy::cheesy:  First it was the new Macau.  Now Pattaya is going to be the jetski capital of the world (at possibly the most polluted public beach in the world).  

When your kids were around 5, did they ever come running up to you all excited with an idea to open a lemonade stand on the front lawn?  "Everybody who comes down the street will buy my lemonade and I'll make zillyuns of dollars, Daddy!!!"  And that old broken bookshelf got a new lease on life...      ...for about a day.

And when these jetski addicts aren't actually riding (or feeding the jetski scammers), they can be touring the trash dumps!   Sort of a "surf and turf" thing. 

• Like 1

Pity really, I associate jet-skis with crime and extortion, usually the police are involved.

17 hours ago, Prbkk said:

She's no fool , but it has not yet dawned on her that flogging fridges and aircons is fundamentally different from, far more simple than, running a complex multi-faceted industry like tourism. She lurches from one lunatic idea to the next without drawing breath and quietly drops last week's plan A in favour of the next poorly conceived bit of nonsense. This scatter gun silliness can never replace some decent strategy development and a "warts and all" review of Thailand's performance and opportunities. She's getting poor advice.

Problem is she, along with most Thais, doesn't 'need' advice coz she knows it all anyway.  But it's been a good week for announcements:

Pattaya Police Chief  "there is no prostitution in Pattaya"

Tourist Minister "Pattaya the International Hub for jetskis"

and lest we forget

"No passengers ever miss their flights" from the Airport BigWig

so everything's fine and dandy in  Los Los land

• Like 1

What about the world class Bridge tournament? oh that's right everybody got arrested, guess I will try my luck on the jet skies.

• Like 1

I am thinking the Minister had a starring role in a movie named la la land? :whistling:  Or, was it alice in wonderland?

Sport city 555555

Pass the ball mate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"Sports City"... they gotta be joking. Pattaya City sports complex is a total disaster. The swimming pool is just green slime. The Children's park swings and slides are full of rusty, jagged edges, waiting to give your child tetanus. Volley ball courts are made up of a series of holes joined together by a little bit of paving. No maintenance has been done for many years. I always find it strange that Thailand manages to find funds to build something but then fails to create funds to maintain it. Poor management or corruption? Either way the people lose.

• Like 1