Jonathan Fairfield

Dutch man stabbed by Thai men after road rage fight on Samui

152 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, daveAustin said:

After which they can expect a vigorous fining of up to 400 baht each.

I was just thinking that punishments should be much harsher where weapons are involved. Perhaps even for simple posession, to deter the carrying of guns and knives. Thais seem to be armed and ready to wage battle, minibus drivers we hear all have an iron bar aboard!

2 people like this

great job hiding the man's face

1 person likes this

Extensive manhunt!  really? What i wonder does that entail....

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Another story for the international press to prepare potential tourists what they can expect in "Paradise"

If this spreads - and it should - Thailand will be hit were it hurts -  losing money.

I don't want them to suffer but I know of no other way to help them improve

and become a part of the civilized nations, a nation that can protect  and deserves visitors

Hope they get the scum (and will not need Burmese) and they receive their deserved punishment

You are so right...all these stories should go viral...even in a country the size of USA, if a fraction of these incidents occurred there, it would major huge news...in Thailand, such incidents happen so often they do not even get adequate news coverage.

1 person likes this

Lucky he wasn't dead, Heroes don't get medals here. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Toshiba66 said:

Thankfully that must have been a small knife. Where his wound is dressed looks pretty close to a few important bits. Same shit happens in my country. I don't know why our government doesn't pass a law giving mandatory 6 months jail just for carrying a knife. I mean really, who needs to carry a knife? A knife is a weapon and no need for anyone ever to carry same as a gun. No difference in my mind. The big difference though is that if this happened in my country they would have caught them by now and jail time for sure. Here a slap on the wrists. Tourism sure is hurting here in Bkk and in Pattaya. But I doubt the crime here has anything to do with that or ever will.

I am sure the knife pullers were well aware of how things work here a slap on the wrist and off you go. If the law worked properly a lot of this crap would not happen. 

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Toshiba66 said:

Thankfully that must have been a small knife. Where his wound is dressed looks pretty close to a few important bits. Same shit happens in my country. I don't know why our government doesn't pass a law giving mandatory 6 months jail just for carrying a knife. I mean really, who needs to carry a knife? A knife is a weapon and no need for anyone ever to carry same as a gun. No difference in my mind. The big difference though is that if this happened in my country they would have caught them by now and jail time for sure. Here a slap on the wrists. Tourism sure is hurting here in Bkk and in Pattaya. But I doubt the crime here has anything to do with that or that it ever will.

I hope you don't own any Toshiba stock. Bummer