snoop1130

23 Year Old Russian Girl Missing from Koh Tao

119 posts in this topic

...gotta wonder what 'the reasoning' is in all these delayed investigations...

...missing since February 15th.....wow.....

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, SOTIRIOS said:

It seems she was travelling alone so no one raised the alarm locally.

Seriously, despite all the stories online, why do people still go there.....to get hurt and die?

Why do tourists still drive in Thailand? Why do some do drugs in Thailand? Saw a trio of backpackers lighting up joints at Ayuthaya train station platform not long ago. Idiots.

1 hour ago, JerryinTH said:

While I agree on the innocent part, please do the math for us on the 100m baht, 100 times over and let us know the outcome. 

Seems to be about 285 Million dollars which makes them pretty wealthy.

Trolls and nonsense post removed...  Please if you have something to say, make sense, instead of speculative dribble ...

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

Wonder no more, she wasn't reported missing on the 15th, that was just the day she was last heard of.   She had to be reported missing before an investigation could start.

55 minutes ago, bannork said:

It seems she was travelling alone so no one raised the alarm locally.

gone two weeks...surely the guesthouse/residence where she was staying noticed she was absent from her room many days.. Police must have known before this time she was missing. 

34 minutes ago, DavisH said:

gone two weeks...surely the guesthouse/residence where she was staying noticed she was absent from her room many days.. Police must have known before this time she was missing. 

The hotel said she arrived on the 11th, was supposed to check out on the 16th, later Sergey Busagin arrived on the island and informed authorities friends of the lady could not contact her and had asked him to contact police to find her. Presumably the hotel had left her room untouched until the police turned up.

On Friday, March 03, 2017 at 2:29 PM, bannork said:

People get out of it, too out of it. Overdoses , accidents, yolo lads and lasses.

Not a good mix combined with certain predatory locals who can act with impunity.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

While I agree on the innocent part, please do the math for us on the 100m baht, 100 times over and let us know the outcome. 

Five families control the entire island. It is all leased land. Therefore no cost. All land deeds on the island are fraudulent. So, multiply the sale of 2000 rai, times 2 to 7 million baht per rai. 

"Officers led by Pol Lt Col Napa Senathip, deputy investigation chief at the station, on Saturday inspected the missing woman’s room and asked the hotel to supply a list of guests staying at the hotel around the time she disappeared.

The team examined her mobile phone records and asked local businesses, including diving operators, if they recalled seeing the woman. They also questioned the hotel operator and staff but found nothing suspicious."

more at:

http://mobile.dudasite.com/site/chiangraitimes1?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiangraitimes.com%2Fkoh-tao-police-search-for-missing-23-year-old-russian-woman.html&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.au%2F#2668

Well guys here we are again & again obviously there is something seriously wrong with the police on Koa To a Island as so many tourists seem to go missing and they are in capable of finding the culprits ! why not pass a rule that all small hostels and hotels must install CCTV cams to be able to identify the culprits easier even random street cams so at least the vehicle can be identified this would be a good start to help with safety and encourage safer tourism on the Island I think its not as if these measures are expensive now ! or quite simply boycott the island until something is done to secure safety for foreigners traveling to the Island which I quite honestly think is a better idea in my opinion ! as these incidents are not discriminate on which country the tourist comes from what do you guys think ?

13 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

Trolls and nonsense post removed...  Please if you have something to say, make sense, instead of speculative dribble ...

I guess thats right but you are should to know self many can feel the truth but cant talk about or wrote about.

13 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

34 minutes ago, Ian Maxwell said:

Well guys here we are again & again obviously there is something seriously wrong with the police on Koa To a Island as so many tourists seem to go missing and they are in capable of finding the culprits ! why not pass a rule that all small hostels and hotels must install CCTV cams to be able to identify the culprits easier even random street cams so at least the vehicle can be identified this would be a good start to help with safety and encourage safer tourism on the Island I think its not as if these measures are expensive now ! or quite simply boycott the island until something is done to secure safety for foreigners traveling to the Island which I quite honestly think is a better idea in my opinion ! as these incidents are not discriminate on which country the tourist comes from what do you guys think ?

there are cameras all over the place, doesn't mean some locals and police want anyone to see what they record, a fine example would be The AC bar where Hannah and David were last seen alive - the investigating replacement police claim the cctv footage from the bar was withheld - standard procedure in any murder investigation starts at the last place the victim/s were alive and tracks forward from there until they reach the crime scene, the early investigators that were removed did show various cctv footage to the media but never got a chance to show anything from inside AC bar - when Mon was arrested I am pretty sure they looked at it but once they were removed from the investigation the AC bar and any cctv footage became a deep black void and was never mentioned again even though it should have been key to the investigation ..... go figure  

1 person likes this

On 04/03/2017 at 2:36 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Surely no one goes free diving alone ? They always have some sort of support team ? 

I hope she is found safe and well, but as others have stated, it's not looking good.

I used to a lot, occasionally with one other but never with a support team, you have to bear in mind that one of the main reasons people free dive is that it is free.  And it is only actually swimming under water, perhaps deeper than you might, but giving it a name has made it sound like some sort of professional activity, to most of us it is just a part of snorkelling.

1 minute ago, Shawn0000 said:

I used to a lot, occasionally with one other but never with a support team, you have to bear in mind that one of the main reasons people free dive is that it is free.  And it is only actually swimming under water, perhaps deeper than you might, but giving it a name has made it sound like some sort of professional activity, to most of us it is just a part of snorkelling.

Okay, I must be getting confused then, I thought that free diving was going as deep as possible, only on the air stored in the Lungs and Muscles, usually with a very long long long rope, the "Free Diver" would then descend as far as they could before returning to the surface with the rope as a guide and usually accompanied by Scuba Divers.

This is from wikipedia, the current world champ. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Nitsch

This case seems particularly worrying because there's no mention of anyone else. No friends she came with, no one she did anything with, ie diving, so no one noticed her missing.

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Okay, I must be getting confused then, I thought that free diving was going as deep as possible, only on the air stored in the Lungs and Muscles, usually with a very long long long rope, the "Free Diver" would then descend as far as they could before returning to the surface with the rope as a guide and usually accompanied by Scuba Divers.

This is from wikipedia, the current world champ. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Nitsch

That is competitive free diving, and just one particular discipline, there are others competitions in horizontal free diving, maximum distance and minimum time events, but diving for pearls without breathing apparatus is also free diving, which just means to dive while holding your breath.  It's somewhat unlikely that this girl was going for the depth record, more likely she was an adventurous snorkeller. 

1 person likes this

On 04/03/2017 at 1:52 PM, smedly said:

do a search on the net Koa Tao murders but here is the latest thread

very sorry to hear about this obviously very accomplished young girl, she may have chosen the wrong Island to holiday

Yep !  Death Island, is not the best place for a holiday alone .

On 04/03/2017 at 9:03 PM, DavisH said:

I wonder who owns the guest house. Does anyone know ?

2 hours ago, oldsailor35 said:

I wonder who owns the guest house. Does anyone know ?

Of course 'they' know...

Tumbleweed-Animated-gif-road.gif

ID: 72   Posted (edited)

On 3/3/2017 at 8:40 PM, Canceraid said:

Seriously, despite all the stories online, why do people still go there.....to get hurt and die?

Young people go there to party , and they don't read or care about the news . 

Is it murder , is it drowning , is it drugs this time ?  We will never find out until the girl has been located.  

Edited by balo
1 person likes this

Here we go again, good looking lady depraved local, call in Putin and maybe the truth will come out, over to you Mr #Putin if you care about your Russian people

This another cold case or what?

two weeks later

has there been any word?