rooster59

Police appeal for help as fears grow for missing Russian tourist

130 posts in this topic

25 years ago to not have heard from someone in a couple of weeks as they traveled

through South East Asia was the norm. These days with cell phones, lap tops, WIFI

in every hotel, it is unusual to be out of contact for two days. I doubt this will end

well.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given the amount of people dying and going missing in Koh Tao, one has to question why people keep going there.

Maybe when the tourists dry up, a proper investigation might try to find the people behind these incidents.

Thailand in general is far more dangerous than people elsewhere believe...I wish these stories would go viral, so more people would know what really happens here...life is so cheap here...and there is no police or government to speak of...everyone seems to kept in check by the unspoken threat of mutual violence...

2 people like this

Twenty three year old Valentina Novozhyonova was staying at the Koh Tao Hostel hotel where she checked in on February 11th. She was due to leave on the 16th.

The 16th of Feb I assume  . If that is the case the owner needs to be interrogated . Was she in a dormitory sharing ? was she travelling solo ? Where did she go in the evenings ? when was she last seen ?    The trail is now cold and if a misdemeanor has occurred then those involved will be long gone unless the owner can shed some more light on the enquiry . Was the report to the police made because of the girls family in Russia made an online appeal ? Finally a mobile phone is a part of young peoples set up and is with them at all times yet it was left in her room , it needs scrutinising .

I hope for a miracle and that she is found . 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Would be nice to know when the owner finally got round to checking her room.

Would also be nice to know if CCTV cameras at the hotel were working.

She must have had friends and eaten at places so a history of movement should come to surface, -- we hope.

1 person likes this

Several posts containing dangerous speculation and defamation have been removed from this thread.

Burmese - beware, the hunt will be on anytime soon now. 

Just hope the girl shows up after a steamy sojourn in a hammock with a guy of her liking ;-) 

2 people like this

Who in their right mind would take a holiday in Koh Tao ?