rooster59

Police appeal for help as fears grow for missing Russian tourist

130 posts in this topic

Several posts containing dangerous speculation and defamation have been removed from this thread.

Burmese - beware, the hunt will be on anytime soon now. 

Just hope the girl shows up after a steamy sojourn in a hammock with a guy of her liking ;-) 

2 people like this

Who in their right mind would take a holiday in Koh Tao ?

2 weeks?....seems as though this disappearance has been kept quiet and has now finally gone public.

2 people like this

It must be a Thai an alien abduction.

Koh Tao Rupt Police is now asking for pictures or witnesses of an UFO appearance.

2 people like this

ID: 33   Posted (edited)

Will everyone who brings migrant workers in relation with her disappearance  be awarded? And if so, would one have to apply to the island Mafia, the police, or the TAT? 

Edited by Lupatria

ID: 34   Posted (edited)

I really do hope this turns out well but it is looking pretty grim at this stage and the BIB on the Island do not have a good track record.

Equally, as international pressure and media coverage increases  I hope this does not turn into "round up the usual suspects Burmese"

Gotta feel for the family.

Edited by mamborobert

9 hours ago, smedly said:

very sad indeed

this young girl seems to have simply vanished - how unusual

Time to bring on the "Burmese " 

Now I wonder if the Russians will have any impact / influence on solving this disappearance ?

1 person likes this

Not another one? :crying:

how long are they going to keep getting away with it on this island???

1 person likes this

ID: 39   Posted (edited)

The '2 weeks!!!' brigade should note that adults aren't usually deemed to be missing in the true sense until something out of the ordinary indicates otherwise. Until then they're assumed to be perfectly OK and enjoying their privacy.

HTH

Edited by evadgib
1 person likes this

anyone know where she was staying ?

7 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Would be nice to know when the owner finally got round to checking her room.

I'd wager it was in the afternoon Feb 16--she was due to leave Feb 16, yes?

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given the amount of people dying and going missing in Koh Tao, one has to question why people keep going there.

Maybe when the tourists dry up, a proper investigation might try to find the people behind these incidents.

its a huge diving resort.

1 minute ago, catman20 said:

its a huge diving resort.

If the fatalities continue, you can reclassify it a "dying resort."

It would not surprise me if certain people were just hoping nobody would notice her missing - problem solved, suddenly when someone turns up looking for her they are all jumping through hoops or pretending at least

Honestly - no matter where you are or what you are doing - people just don't vanish from a holiday resort without someone noticing

1 person likes this

Just now, darksidedog said:

If the fatalities continue, you can reclassify it a "dying resort."

if it was not a serious topic you reply was very good :cheesy:

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, smedly said:

very sad indeed

this young girl seems to have simply vanished - how unusual

Maybe she had too many "free drinks" at AC Bar ???

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Would also be nice to know if CCTV cameras at the hotel were working.

She must have had friends and eaten at places so a history of movement should come to surface, -- we hope.

I would think CCTV footage would be over written by now, wouldn't it.... im not conversant with how modern computer systems store data, or for how long... but with the disappearance happening so long ago, I doubt their appeal will lead anyway.

and if she went into the water and accidentally drowned, she would have bloated and floated by now ( unless tied down).

with phone, passport, etc left behind, I'm sad to say that this is probably an RIP scenario.

2 people like this

It would not surprise me if certain people were just hoping nobody would notice her missing - problem solved, suddenly when someone turns up looking for her they are all jumping through hoops or pretending at least

Honestly - no matter where you are or what you are doing - people just don't vanish from a holiday resort without someone noticing

I would think CCTV footage would be over written by now, wouldn't it.... im not conversant with how modern computer systems store data, or for how long... but with the disappearance happening so long ago, I doubt their appeal will lead anyway.

and if she went into the water and accidentally drowned, she would have bloated and floated by now ( unless tied down).

with phone, passport, etc left behind, I'm sad to say that this is probably an RIP scenario.

I think she has to be missing first probably 2 weeks , she is an adult. If thailand searches for every wayward tourist...

Same in the West

Young people are addicted to mobile phones these days. This girl had a phone on her. So how often was she posting before she went missing. If it was several times a day then suddenly it stopped, that will be the day she disappeared.

2 minutes ago, bangkokorbust said:

I think she has to be missing first probably 2 weeks , she is an adult. If thailand searches for every wayward tourist...

Same in the West

Um.... err... I think the point of the story is that she is missing.... presumedly for over two weeks, given she was supposed to check out of the hostel on 16 feb.

but... the story title is kind of a giveaway... "....fears grow for missing Russian tourist"