rooster59

Police appeal for help as fears grow for missing Russian tourist

130 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

copy cat killers obviously. they have the original killers under lock and key.

Where have they found her body?

Unusual for this generation to go anywhere without ones phone. Maybe she did go out for a swim. Was her bathing suit missing or towel? 

1 hour ago, toenail said:

Was her bathing suit missing or towel? 

That's probably a bit too much investigative work to answer.

A considerable time passed before the owner of the hotel became suspicious. Napha Sanethip eventually went to check her room and found her phone, camera and passport but no trace of the occupant.

Became suspicious because? She hadn't paid for  the room?

How long before reported?

Unless she drowned  from free diving I don't  believe any young person leaves their phone in the room.

1 person likes this

ID: 80   Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Mooner said:

Unless she drowned  from free diving I don't  believe any young person leaves their phone in the room.

What about her purse?  Anyway, I don't think this story ends well.  

Edited by GuiseppeD

I just hope she turns up somewhere, safe and well...

3 hours ago, bannork said:

It's the same rape and murder that happened 2 and a half years ago that we keep hearing about.

Bit of a deflection, that, what with all the other strange deaths and reported rapes connected to Koh Tao in recent years. And, before you start, I'm keeping an open mind on this one.

17 hours ago, smedly said:

I was going to say much the same thing but decided not too until more information becomes available  due to sensitivity and that friends and family are likely reading this thread. so far all that is known is that she was alone staying in a hotel on Koh Tao and she has not been seen or heard of for 2 weeks

If and when more information is available I will reserve my opinions and comments until that time

Staying alone in a hotel on an island with one or more serial killers who still hasn't been caught.

Does she have a death wish or what?

Any tourist who is stupid enough traveling to Kho Tao need at least one armed bodyguard 24/7.

Sex drugs and rock and roll.

More like, sexy...drugged, hit with a rock and rolled.

consider this for a moment

in these tourist areas Phuket pattaya (generally) we are tolerated but there is an underlying hate....

Consider for a moment that there's some 30 million tourists coming to Thailand every year. What underlying hate are you talking about? Could it be just your personal experience?

Search for missing Russian woman, 23, in Koh Tao gains urgency
By THE NATION

b7af00aeebca2a2a45a49dce65ab32db.jpeg

Valentina

SURAT THANI: -- POLICE in the southern Surat Thani province yesterday intensified the search for a Russian tourist who went missing two weeks ago, amid suspicions she might have got in trouble while snorkelling off Koh Tao.

Valentina Novozhenova, 23, disappeared from a Koh Tao hotel on February 16, the day she was supposed to check out after a week-long stay. 

“The initial investigation suggested no clues of an attack or murder,” said Surat Thani provincial police chief Apichart Boonsriroj. “Her latest communications via social media indicated she wanted to free dive deeper than 22.3 metres without an assistant or equipment.” 

Police are seeking cooperation from diving groups in the area to help to search for her, he said. 

Russian Sergey Busagin, a relative of Novozhenova, has contacted police.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30308024

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-06

Smedley, if you're going to use slang like shag and shit faced at least learn how to spell prey on!

32 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

It would be a dream come true to see the Russian mafia unleashed on the demons of Koh Tao. 

Dream on; that's just no going to happen. The Russian mafia (I am well familiar with them)  have no interest in anything that is not self serving.   Rather than posters speculate as to what happened; try thinking of ways to help if possible. It may be too late to save a life, however, solving a mystery /crime will go a long way to bring closure to a family and /or stop a serial killer if there is one.  

1 person likes this

I wonder what her unreasonable fear was?

2 hours ago, bannork said:

Smedley, if you're going to use slang like shag and shit faced at least learn how to spell prey on!

perhaps "pray" was the correct word in this instance

2 people like this

Just now, AGareth2 said:

I wonder what her unreasonable fear was?

Apparently she is bi-polar so that may have some effect on the state of her mind.

Missing Koh Tao woman was a free diver, adds new facet to search

SURAT THANI, 6 March 2017 (NNT) – Police on Surat Thani province’s Koh Tao have indicated new clues have been uncovered in the search for a missing Russian tourist. 

Police searching for 23 year old Valentina Novozhyonova have indicated that questioning of those close to her has revealed she was an avid diver. Searches of her room after she disappeared over 2 weeks ago showed that personal belongings were still present but all of her diving equipment was removed. The search for the missing Russian woman is now to shift to dive sites off the island after initial investigation involved police searching for her whereabouts at entertainment venues on Koh Tao. 

A key clue among the woman’s belongings is a blue towel she used during her dives. Authorities across the island have been instructed to search for the towel as it would have been left ashore during her dives. 

Authorities have taken the opportunity to remind other divers they should not engage in the activity alone. Valentina was a free diver, meaning she did not use any assistive equipment for breathing, increasing the risk she was the victim of an accident.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-03-06