webfact

Missing Russian tourist - authorities turn to Koh Tao fortune tellers

61 posts in this topic

More than 3 weeks pass since the woman goes missing before they consult the fortune tellers??!! That is absolutely ridiculous!! It should have been the FIRST thing that they did -- not alone, but along with other tried and tested methods to find a missing person, such as reading tea leaves, palm reading (assuming that they have a palm to read), and playing a good game of Clue ("the butler did it in the library"). When is Thailand going to move into the 21st Century, along with the African countries engaging in witch craft and voodoo! I have a blind Cocker Spaniel with an amazing sense of smell that they may use if they are serious about finding this women.....

1 person likes this

I seem to remember in the previous high profile tourist case the victims were attacked / raped and then killed on the beach early in the morning. 

Has no one stopped to consider that the case bears quite striking simlarities

19 minutes ago, Thailaw said:

More than 3 weeks pass since the woman goes missing before they consult the fortune tellers??!! That is absolutely ridiculous!! It should have been the FIRST thing that they did -- not alone, but along with other tried and tested methods to find a missing person, such as reading tea leaves, palm reading (assuming that they have a palm to read), and playing a good game of Clue ("the butler did it in the library"). When is Thailand going to move into the 21st Century, along with the African countries engaging in witch craft and voodoo! I have a blind Cocker Spaniel with an amazing sense of smell that they may use if they are serious about finding this women.....

Can the cocker spaniel swim?

12 minutes ago, jonclark said:

I seem to remember in the previous high profile tourist case the victims were attacked / raped and then killed on the beach early in the morning. 

Has no one stopped to consider that the case bears quite striking simlarities

Yep.... nearly everyone, but the cops are having problems finding any Burmese.

These Fortune-Tellers, must be earning a fortune!

Headmans son at it again? Or was he in Bangkok. Lol

On 08/03/2017 at 8:38 AM, dinsdale said:

Says a lot about this country. Two Burmese scapegoats on death row from dodgy evidence in a country where the police turn to fortune tellers to solve a case for them. :WPFflags:

And the young Frenchman who hung himself on Koh Tao, with his hands tied behind his back !

Just read somewhere that they have found human remains in the sea which could be linked to this girl!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I have skipped a page so please forgive me if I am duplicating another post .  The missing lady has friends who are monitoring this forum , besides others .  These are desperate times for her family and friends and so I think there should be more discretion used  regarding conjecture based on little evidence  and also the inclusion of emotion characters .  This is not a time to to scoff at the Thai judicial system and it is insensitive to all involved and those who are close to her . This is a living nightmare for her family and unless there are sympathetic or informative posts they should not be published . I am all for freedom of speech and speculation but I think we all know when to back off out of respect . 

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, superal said:

I have skipped a page so please forgive me if I am duplicating another post .  The missing lady has friends who are monitoring this forum , besides others .  These are desperate times for her family and friends and so I think there should be more discretion used  regarding conjecture based on little evidence  and also the inclusion of emotion characters .  This is not a time to to scoff at the Thai judicial system and it is insensitive to all involved and those who are close to her . This is a living nightmare for her family and unless there are sympathetic or informative posts they should not be published . I am all for freedom of speech and speculation but I think we all know when to back off out of respect . 

Indeed desperate times for relatives.

with respect, we are not so much scoffing at the "authorities" as outright condemning them for their inactions and incompetence in dealing with these sorts of issues.

in doing so, often we wish to hilight the fact that the "authorities" need a kick in the pants, to prevent a reoccurrence.... this can only really be done by hoping that their (authorities) ineptness is revealed to the world, such that they become proactive, instead of reactive... or god forbid, resort to consulting fortune tellers, so find the truth

A fortune teller , why not , maybe 50% chance they are right