gdgbb

Retirement Extension Monthly Income Requirements?

51 posts in this topic

It's gross income at the Immigration office here in Thailand. But when I apply for a non O-A or a non O visa at the embassy in Sweden it must be net income  " A pension income certificate (ORIGINAL ENGLISH ONLY) with monthly income of approximately 18,500 SEK per month and after tax (65,000 baht) "  And 18,500 SEK after tax will be more than 100k gross for a normal person

3 hours ago, khunerik said:

It's gross income at the Immigration office here in Thailand. But when I apply for a non O-A or a non O visa at the embassy in Sweden it must be net income  " A pension income certificate (ORIGINAL ENGLISH ONLY) with monthly income of approximately 18,500 SEK per month and after tax (65,000 baht) "  And 18,500 SEK after tax will be more than 100k gross for a normal person

The same if I had applyed at the embassy in Denmark.

That is the reason that I did not apply there, but first after I came to Thailand.

On 3/12/2017 at 8:57 PM, elviajero said:

I agree that the use of 'income' and 'earnings' are often interchanged. We could argue semantics all day long, but I am here to help people and give the best advice I can.

I do not think it is right for OJAS or ubonjoe to claim immigration are asking for gross income when they have nothing to back up that claim/opinion.

I was basically suggesting that applicants do not include the words gross or net so that, in the event that immigration mean net, they don't fall foul.

When they ask for 800K in the bank they mean an actual amount of 800K. Common sense would suggest that when they ask for an income of 65K they want someone to be in receipt of that amount. The money in the bank/income is supposed to be the money the applicant lives on.

IMO they expect people not to be working and in receipt of pension/investment income that is usually paid net of tax.

As it stands all an embassy needs to provide is an amount that the applicant claims as their income.

My advice is to keep it simple and assume the worst case scenario.

I have an income (gross) letter from my embassy. At immigration they multiply that by the currant rate of exchange and if its over 800,000 Baht I get my extension.

On 3/13/2017 at 10:35 PM, Phuket Man said:

Two pages of nonsense.

65,000 Baht gross monthly income is the requirement.

1000 % Correct... so simple yet, they are beating this thing to death! Apparently they have a lot of time on their hands.

Something more radical, why not just keep 800,000THB in a Thai bank. 

I find living here just  give  Immigration exactly what they want, nothing more or less. A colleague of mine recently presented monthly income assets at immigration, totalled some 110,000 and they told him "you have too much money". 

On 3/13/2017 at 8:35 AM, Phuket Man said:

Two pages of nonsense.

65,000 Baht gross monthly income is the requirement.

Nonsense discussion. (like so many). 65000 Baht income confirmed and the Immigration don't will ask any further questions.

Munotlaw