webfact

Pattaya - Hua Hin Ferry 50% - 60% full in first month

138 posts in this topic

Pattaya - Hua Hin Ferry 50% - 60% full in first month

3am.jpg

Picture: Thairath

PATTAYA: -- Thai Rath reported that the first month of regular services on the Pattaya to Hua Hin ferry across the Gulf of Thailand had been a success.

They said that capacity was running at an average of between 50 and 60% for each trip. The two tier air-conditioned "high speed" catamaran has a capacity of 346 passengers.

Some 80% of all passengers are foreign tourists, they said.

The ferry leaves Pattaya at 10.30am and the return leg leaves Hua Hin at 1.30pm.

The service proper began on 12th February after a series of false starts and problems with bad weather.

The promotional fare of 999 baht is now over. Passengers must pay 1,250 baht for each leg and 300 baht extra to use the business class option upstairs.

School students, university students and OAPs can get 10% off and if you can prove that you have "liked" or "shared" news of the service there is a further discount of 5%.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-14

some price for thais and foreigners? now that would be some progress toward equality.

50 to 60% capacity means also 40 to 50% empty. Don't know how much their operation cost is, but it seems like very tight margins....

2 people like this

How about 6 hours utilisation in a 24 hour period? Can't plan the maintenance within the remaining 18 hours ( assuming that they cant/won't do maintenance while underway)?

1 person likes this

If it leaves Pattaya at 10:30 and leaves HH  at 1:30 it doesn't give you much time to go over for lunch .

Plus I heard it arrives quite a distance from HH which , if true, means it's off our list of things to do. 

I would like to know the on time statistics 

A much better gauge for me to make the dicision on whether or not to use it

I could care less how many others use it 

Does the ferry have the facility to carry cars?

ID: 10   Posted (edited)

I have a request for any TV member that is about to take this ferry. There should be a plate or marking on this vessel indicating the licensed number of passengers this vessel can carry.  Also on there there should be similar information relating to life saving devices.  If you are able I would be interested to know these figures. My friends emails to the company and the administrative authority have yet to be answered. 

Edited by whatawonderfulday

41 minutes ago, vogie said:

No. Nor motorbikes.

A mostly off topic ramble has been removed

1 hour ago, vogie said:

No...

I'm assuming that "OAP" in the OP means "Old Age Person"?  If so, what do they consider "old"?

They need to reduce the price to 600 baht one way. 1250 is way too much. A family of 4 would be 5000 one way! No thanks.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 person likes this