webfact

Pattaya - Hua Hin Ferry 50% - 60% full in first month

138 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

your missing the point according to to owners its a success that what they say there hardly going to say well its a bit of a struggle and numbers are falling,wait and see ! how is my maths wrong ? and please tell us all WHAT CUSTOMERS WAS THE FERRY AIMED AT ? 

I'm not missing the point, if the service was as bad as you hope it is why would the operator go to the press at all and lay the company open to criticism?

I didn't say that your maths was wrong, I said it was irrelevant, which it was.

Do you think that there is a slight possibility that the service is directed at everyone who doesn't want to go to HH just for lunch?

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

THANK YOU IVE BEEN TRYING TO EXPLAIN THIS TO gdgbb POOR CHAP JUST DONT GET IT:cheesy:

Enjoy your mutual admiration club.   Perhaps you will soon "get" that it is you that doesn't get it no matter how much you use caps, bold caps, red font and juvenile emoticons.

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

are you desperately hoping it will fail by then? 

Why do you desperately suggest we want it to fail `? Did I even mention that ?

You seem to try to wind up this thread , hard to take you seriously .  Let's wait for the facts , it's low season , lets see how it goes,  

7 hours ago, balo said:

Why do you desperately suggest we want it to fail `? Did I even mention that ?

You seem to try to wind up this thread , hard to take you seriously .  Let's wait for the facts , it's low season , lets see how it goes,  

No, you didn't, not in so many words but you're right there on the negative, lets-wait-6-more-months-the figures-don't-support-the-report bandwagon, that gives a hint that you are not prepared to accept the success that the article talks about and it's not unreasonable for anyone to think that you'd be happy to see the opposite story in 6 months.   Why wait 6 months when as far as the operators are concerned they are happy enough to call it a success so far?

If you perceive my comments, that don't agree with almost everyone else as a wind up, there is something wrong with you. It would be reasonable for me to also accuse almost everyone else on this thread of trying to wind it up if you think that you can apply that logic to me.

12 hours ago, gdgbb said:

I'm not missing the point, if the service was as bad as you hope it is why would the operator go to the press at all and lay the company open to criticism?

I didn't say that your maths was wrong, I said it was irrelevant, which it was.

Do you think that there is a slight possibility that the service is directed at everyone who doesn't want to go to HH just for lunch?

the maths is relevant for it to be a success it has to be affordable and its not.

so your now narrowing it down to people staying there for several days or weeks which then brings me back to a few expats and tourists if it is not directed at Thai people and farnags on day trips. its never going to survive at those prices, you have obviously never owned you own company.:post-4641-1156693976::biggrin:

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

include wear & tear, maintenance

Maintenance, sch-maintenance. The "M" in Thailand stands for maintenance.

A troll post and a reply have been removed

7 hours ago, catman20 said:

the maths is relevant for it to be a success it has to be affordable and its not.

so your now narrowing it down to people staying there for several days or weeks which then brings me back to a few expats and tourists if it is not directed at Thai people and farnags on day trips. its never going to survive at those prices, you have obviously never owned you own company.:post-4641-1156693976::biggrin:

No it's not, your maths is irrelevant unless you are part of the company and your maths is used to establish ticket prices, which it is not.  The service is already being described as a success by those in a position to know with prices at the level the operator wants, regardless of your baseless doubts and those of others here.

I've owned my own company for the last 25 years or so but that is also irrelevant, however, your venturing into that area does beg the question of how many ferry companies in Thailand have you owned?   That would be the only relevant question in this thread.

1 person likes this

An inflammatory post and reply have been removed.  

Again, lets wait and see 6 months . I am sure gdgbb will be pleased like the rest of us if it's still is a success.

1 person likes this

Is this a private conversation or can anyone join in :passifier:

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Is this a private conversation or can anyone join in :passifier:

Yes it is getting a bit monotonous. Same posturing by the same people in fact below describes the current state of this thread pictorially

Like an old record.gif

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, balo said:

Again, lets wait and see 6 months . I am sure gdgbb will be pleased like the rest of us if it's still is a success.

Back tracking a bit now?... I'm already happy to see a successful enterprise in Thailand, it's a shame "the rest of us" aren't happy with the success now!

Back tracking a bit now?... I'm already happy to see a successful enterprise in Thailand, it's a shame "the rest of us" aren't happy with the success now!

What do you mean by back tracking ? We don't know if it will be a success yet , we only know they claim to have the ferry 50% full of passengers daily based on one news report. That's not much to base a success story on, don't you agree ?

5 minutes ago, balo said:

What do you mean by back tracking ? We don't know if it will be a success yet , we only know they claim to have the ferry 50% full of passengers daily based on one news report. That's not much to base a success story on, don't you agree ?

Come on, the very first sentence of the OP references it's success by using that word and "we" do know that it is a success so far because the company has reported that it is.  If anyone is doubting the company's claim then they should provide some tangible evidence, surely?

You may see the operator's claim as impartial but it's all that anyone can go on; no one on Thaivisa is in a credible position to doubt the operator's report.

Please  cease this private argument you have made your points now let it be, thank you

2 people like this

On 14/03/2017 at 2:20 AM, StefanBBK said:

50 to 60% capacity means also 40 to 50% empty. Don't know how much their operation cost is, but it seems like very tight margins....

No worries who is paying for the losses, not a problem Hua Hin much nicer, so please send our tourists whats left of them there as so much safer on the other coast

18 hours ago, balo said:

agree 100% with you.

On 18/03/2017 at 9:33 AM, tompelli said:

When the ferry did it's initial trial runs, they had a sensible limited capacity of 150. When visiting the booking site : https://12go.asia/en/travel/pattaya/hua-hin?date=2017-03-22#!popup/en/operator/royal-passenger-liner 

they are still stating capacity at 150? If it pleases the usual suspects, yes, I am the only one that is asking.

Thanks, was about to ask if there's a booking site. Like someone else said, it has to be an improvement on a mini-van driven by a lunatic. The safety concerns pale into insignificance compared with that.

1 person likes this

On 3/18/2017 at 4:33 AM, gdgbb said:

Come on, the very first sentence of the OP references it's success by using that word and "we" do know that it is a success so far because the company has reported that it is.  If anyone is doubting the company's claim then they should provide some tangible evidence, surely?

You may see the operator's claim as impartial but it's all that anyone can go on; no one on Thaivisa is in a credible position to doubt the operator's report.

I hope it will be a successful & viable transport service.

On the other hand, a couple clunker, ill/non-maintained Koh Larn ferries seem to go down every year. At least they are close to sea traffic lanes & most people are rescued.

If one of these ferries catches fire, in Timbuktu Gulf of Siam.... Better hope you brought your own life jacket from the USA or Europe or OZ, as the junk they pass out will be 20 years old and/or the cheapest thing they can find, much like the motorcycle helmets.

2 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I hope it will be a successful & viable transport service.

If one of these ferries catches fire, in Timbuktu Gulf of Siam.... Better hope you brought your own life jacket from the USA or Europe or OZ, as the junk they pass out will be 20 years old and/or the cheapest thing they can find, much like the motorcycle helmets.

As you must have been on the HH ferry to know that the "junk" life vest they pass out "are 20 years old", what did you think of the trip?  You must be the only Thaivisa member to have used it so far, why not share it here?

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

As you must have been on the HH ferry to know that the "junk" life vest they pass out "are 20 years old", what did you think of the trip?  You must be the only Thaivisa member to have used it so far, why not share it here?

Thanks for the "Like" (that won't make you many friends on here!), what was the trip to HH like?

ID: 99   Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Never been on it buddy, but have taken at least 100 trips to Ko Larn on the ferries with my wife & daughter.

They had life jackets that had been hanging on the rafters and/or backs of seats, that were so sun-bleached, they'd have fallen apart if you sneezed on them.

I always brought our own life jackets with us.

Luckily, we never had to use them.

I wish this ferry service the best of luck (and all who use them), but feel it's a disaster in the making.

---------------

I was on Koh Phang An once, & could see the boats hauling a$$ between there & Samui at night.

Sure enough 6 people died that night in a 30 foot speedboat.

They'd illegally modified it from 2 to 3 engines & had it going 80 kph or so when the steering cable broke.

It capsized & killed people.

-------------

I had bought tickets for a "Catamaran" out to Phang An for the wife & I & got presented with pretty much the same boat the next day (about 3 days before the fatal wreck). It was most assuredly NOT what I'd seen on the tourist flyer.

Next, being the STUPID-BOY I am, I got us a ride on a long-tail boat around Phang-An.

It was akin to riding a slave galley with the gunwales of the boat just barely above the waves, replete with a 4 cylinder Isuzu truck engine, with no muffler whatsoever blasting us around the waves.

The guy driving that boat every day had to be stone-cold deaf.

I peeled 4 cigarettes out & tore the butts off so we'd have earplugs.

Suffice it to say that I don't have a lot of respect for Thai mariners.

---------------

First time I went to Koh Larn they had ancient jet-skis rigged up with 20 hp Yamaha outboard engines!

That thing could chop your neck off!

Edited by jaywalker

5 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

Never been on it buddy, but have taken at least 100 trips to Ko Larn on the ferries with my wife & daughter.

I wish this ferry service the best of luck (and all who use them), but feel it's a disaster in the making.

Didn't think that you had been on it!  So why suggest that nonsense about the life vests when there is no connection and certainly no comparison between the Koh Larn ferries and the Hua Hin ferry?