Thailand Forum
webfact

Video: Motorway pile-up as "foreigner" kills nurse who came to help

webfact    24,352

Video: Motorway pile-up as "foreigner" kills nurse who came to help

4am.jpg

Picture: Thai News Network

CHONBURI: -- A video was uploaded to Facebook that shows several scenes from an accident on the motorway going in the Chonburi direction.

A former nurse stopped to attend to people injured. But a green car with Chacherngsao plates rammed into her killing her instantly.

TNA reported that the car was driven by a "foreigner" but no further details were given.

The dead former Chonburi-based nurse was named as Narinrat Thanasingthong from Chiang Mai.

The accident happened on Monday at road works near where a toll booth is being constructed for the Chonburi to Pattaya road.

TNA said that the area was dangerous for people unfamiliar with the road as it was badly lit. Officials were out in the aftermath of the accident increasing signage but said that negligence was the root cause.

Four people were reported injured after the first car hit a barrier and several others collided with the wreckage.

The video was uploaded to the page of "Panawat Horphak".

Source: Thai News Network

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-14

joepattaya1961    698
1 hour ago, uchibenkei said:

What a shame about the nurse.  Why can't more scumbags die from these kinds of accidents?  I guess because they'll never put themselves in harm's way to help others.

Of course it's a shame for the nurse, but........I've learned that whenever I'm planning to participate in some kind of rescue operation I have to take care that the circumstances are safe for me to start with. 

It may have appeared to the nurse that this was the case regarding the initial wounded person being close to road barriers, but nevertheless........

• Like 1

fruitman    2,962

When will the Thai ever learn what hazardlights are meant for?? I bet they don't learn that when they pay 500 baht for a driverslicense.

darksidedog    12,204

So, the carnage on the roads continues. Tragic to hear of someone killed trying to assist.

I hope it wasn't a foreigner involved, though I guess Thais are not always the ones driving too fast, especially at night.

• Like 1

timewilltell    2,059

Well if you change the layout of a road by large scale road works then most normal places would increase the lighting to assist drivers otherwise used to the road of the altered layout. Yes a driver should assess the situation and slow down but since the average Thai driver has trouble with even heeding a red light I don't think relying on good driving skills is going to work in Thailand and even in countries with better driving standards and tests it is not relied on. I think cost and corruption are the major driving factors for not lighting properly coupled with an ignorance and complete lack of thought that goes along with so many things in Thailand hence lighting poles in the middle of roads, parents completely blocked by an assortment if badly designed steps to footbridge, food carts, electric transformers, phone boxes and anything else someone decides to stick on them and sometimes even electric cables hanging across footbridge steps so you garotte yourself trying to use them. These are supporting examples of the Thai mindset in such matters. The death of the nurse is sadder by the fact that incompetence by authorities is passed off onto the incompetence of the driver as an excuse. 

• Like 2